Whodunnit? The MAF or The Additive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I've had the EML on my 430 since I discovered it after replacing a cluster bulb.

Replaced one o2 sensor and the light went out.
Two weeks later, the light was back on.

Had a STAR diagnosis of blocked catalytic converter.

I then had a Terraclean and hoped that might get rid of the problem. I reset the ECU and the EML light had vanished. 50 miles later, it was back on. :mad:

In desperation to avoid paying for a CAT (or two), last weekend I added some Wynn's Clean Burn additive.

The same day, my tinkering side got the better of me and I decided to clean the MAF sensor. Too late in the day to get some MAF cleaner and I couldn't remember the alternative solution to use, so... I decided to gently clean with cotton buds. The metal was discoloured and I gently worked away with a few buds to remove the grime. This however, resulted in the engine running rough at take off. I knew the unit was delicate to contact, but still couldn't resist having a go... :doh:

On Wednesday morning, I fitted a new MAF and air filter. EML still present but a huge improvement in the engine and the slight misfire that I had got to almost disappear was gone.
Later that afternoon, I was driving home and just like on the Cillit Bang advert, the light was gone! :bannana:

So, I wonder what sent the EML packing. The Wynn's Clean Burn or the new MAF?

My money would be on the MAF as it fine tunes fuel mixture,probably conflicting with lambda.

hello, can anyone tell me how much a 2001 AMG S55 is worth? Fsh..140,000 immaculate...engine massive for me tho...someone given it to us for a debt...my insurance guy is a bit confused about its worth...please, anyone tell us what you know ...thanks in advance...

My money would be on the MAF as it fine tunes fuel mixture,probably conflicting with lambda.

That's what I'm hoping in that it's a more permanent solution than the additive. :thumb:

hello, can anyone tell me how much a 2001 AMG S55 is worth? Fsh..140,000 immaculate...engine massive for me tho...someone given it to us for a debt...my insurance guy is a bit confused about its worth...please, anyone tell us what you know ...thanks in advance...

Try posting this in General Discussion; I'm sure you didn't intend it to be in this area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom