Whole new way to get screwed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterchurch

Hi,
I was watching a nice Alpine Nav/media system on ebay yesterday. It composed of the sort of level of kit I kit to buy (even if it was two years old). I sent the chap an email asking if it was able to play mp3 and got a reply in minutes (not bad at 2.00 am this morning) and the item was withdrawn almost as quick :mad:

The email said

"yes contact me if"

It came from a yahoo.com email account now a few things could be happening here:

1) The seller was using a stolen photo to phish for email addresses.

2) He was trying to get me to buy off the ebay forum to drop my guard (not that ebay has many these days :( ) So I could be stuffed :mad:

Two things that I have done to stop this from turning into a tragedy...

1) I have removed all payment accounts from my Paypal account (I then enter then and remove them each time I want to buy something)

2) I did not reply to the mail...

I got an ebay warning within an hour or so warning me not to make contact off forum! Cheers Ebay! If I had been a little greener the deal would be done by then :(

I have been on ebay for a year or so but it just seems that it has took a massive dive in the last few months :(

Im sure this has been covered before but It might stop someone else getting screwed as Im sure there will be three or four variations on this...

peterchurch said:
Hi,

Im sure this has been covered before but It might stop someone else getting screwed as Im sure there will be three or four variations on this...

eBay is prone to vendor bidding in Germany where the seller is protected by privacy laws. It can take months for eBay to take action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom