Whoops! I'm in Doncaster...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I already am! It's very noisy, and rather colourful. There's even an ambulance on standby in the town centre...

Learning how to dye men's hair blond with silver tints?

There certainly a fair amount of unnatural hair colour in evidence, along with some jolly adventurous outfits. Quite an eye-opener.

Head North another 120 miles and you'll be in the Bigg Market, Newcastle upon Tyne. Hence the phrase "it's life Jim but not as we know it"

So what did you say to the Lingtronic to end up in Doncaster? The mind boggles, are you sure you aren't in Essex?

OK, so here's what happened: in order to get my first thousand miles on the car I decided to point it in a certain direction and see where I ended up. Last week I did something similar with the Yeti, heading west on the A40 into the Cotswolds, so this time I opted for the A1.

I had a vague notion of getting to York and then heading back home again. However, with geography never having been my strong point, I was surprised to find the legendary town of Doncaster signposted off the A1, so I decided to take a look-see. Found a parking space in Hallgate and took a wander around. My goodness!

I'm now ensconced in a hotel near Leeds for the night, so I'm wondering what to do tomorrow. Thinking I might continue north and put the car's nose into Scotland, then head back to London via Welsh Wales.

Any other route suggestions? I'd rather be home by this time tomorrow evening, but don't have to be...

Is it comfy?

The car, or the hotel? :D

The car is very comfy, thanks. Much as I found with the one I had on loan, the ride is better than that of my previous 350 with sports suspension. Also, the seats are much more supportive, and they now have 4-way lumbar support. And having automatic climate control is a real boon.

After having driven a couple of hundred miles today, I got out of the car feeling as fresh as I was when I got in. It will make a fine long-distance touring car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom