Whoops just stuffed the old girl up the back of a Transit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynall

MB Enthusiast
Car
The silver one.
Poor old thing:eek:

Of course transit tough as old boots some trim damage.

My car rad smacked up against fan hub dumped all coolant smashed condensor rad, bumper, wings, lights etc etc

Was only saying last night got to give it a service this weekend and get down the paintshop for a quote for usual 210 rot.

Will post some piccys later.

Annoying as i actually like the old bus:wallbash:.

Will see what insurance company say and maybe buy it back?

Lynall

Blimey, sorry to hear that, hope no one hurt.
You think damage likely to be so severe they want to write it off, thats such a shame?

Blame the braking system:D:D Sorry to hear of your coming together, hope all is resolved quickly

Can I have your wheels? lol

Just reading the title.....Are we talking about the car or wife here ???????

Sorry to hear this , but as long as no one injured that's the main thing .

Never a nice feeling, but at least no one was hurt.
Is it a write off?
There will be plenty of people ready to liberate some parts if it is!

Recovery driver reckoned if repair cost exceeds 60% of vehicle value it will be scrap, i personally reckon its for the scrapper.

Looking at list of parts bumper, all bumper trim and fixings, two wings, bonnet all fixings for the above plus both rads, elec fans, and every bracket/screw that holds it all together and it will be a pretty penny.

Lady at insurance place said do i have use of another vehicle? yes said i a 50 year old landrover is it suitable for your daily commute? not really flat out at 60 down a long steep hill and as i got to work along the motorway could be challenging to say the least:D

Lynall

Anyone know if i have to let them take the vehicle to assess it as they obviously dont strip it down, just a good look as they obviously know their job, just thinking i could either buy it back and repair it or break it.

Lynall

They used to just visit the vehicle wherever it is,but thats a few years ago.
Hope it all works out pleasantly for you.

I suppose the fashionable argument must be to blame the Toyota behind.
" I was so nervous of its brakes failing and accelerator sticking your honour, I was forced into the van in front and my overhot coffee spilt and spoilt my chance of having children with Cheryl Cole"
Complete tosh but some one, possibly in America will try it.

Anyone know if i have to let them take the vehicle to assess it as they obviously dont strip it down, just a good look as they obviously know their job, just thinking i could either buy it back and repair it or break it.

Lynall

Usually the engineer will come to your house if the car is there or at a garage/bodyshop if it has been recovered there.

You can usually buy the salvage back for about 20% of what they are going to pay out IIRC

I suspect it will be a write off even if the damage appears minor, unless it's a very late low miles W210. Shame as 210s are great cars but at least you're okay!

Thanks for all the replies yes its a late ish 210 sept 2001 but far from low miles.

Just had the maidstone merc bodyshop ring up trying to arrange collection so straight away sounds like its dead.

Lynakk

Don't let them take it until you've agreed a price .

Once it gets to the yard it will be pillaged, and once it is in their hands they hold all the cards.

What Howard says,

Hang on to the car and negotiate from there.

Assuming the accident is your fault, the insurance company kind of hold all the cards anyway.

Argue the settlement figures with them, look at the cost of contract repairs and even doing the majority of the work yourself.

Things to consider....

How bad is the damage?
Did the airbags go off?
Will the insurance pay a reasonable price that gets you a replacement?

Hi

Sorry to hear this, glad nobody is hurt and hope you get all sorted with the minimum of fuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom