whoops, oil everywhere :O

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

porka968

Car
C250 TD, 993 C4
In a continuing struggle to get my newly acquired c250 td running properly, I have today been changing the fuel pipes (nearly £40 from the stealer) and also the lines which connect between injectors.

Anyhow, cutting a long story short, the breather pipe? which runs from the back of the rocker cover to the intake pipe is connected via rubber t pieces which decided to break as they were obviously old and brittle. Being late Saturday afternoon with the stealer closed, I thought it best to just plug the holes temporarily until Monday when I can replace them.

So time for a quick spin to make sure everything is ok. After about a mile, the engine oil low light came on, so I turned back and went home. Popped the bonnet and shock horror, oil everywhere :eek:

Now, before you all start having a giggle, please just tell me I haven’t killed the engine :(

I’m hoping the oil came out through the dip stick maybe :confused: as it didnt come out through the holes I blocked..

Going to clean it up with the karcher and put some oil back in, but driving it is obviously out of the question now without the breather hose connected.

Last edited:
If you tell us where you are located there is a good chance somebody on here will volunteer to help you out.

GazCaff said:
If you tell us where you are located there is a good chance somebody on here will volunteer to help you out.
Are you serious
confused.gif
Ill be ok, heh. Just hope the engine is still ok too !

Last edited:
GazCaff said:

Where abouts in london are you?? If you are local (south london) i could pop over and compare 0-60 ish

Last edited:
racall said:
Where abouts in london are you?? If you are local (south london) i could pop over and compare 0-60 ish

If you're located in North London you're more than welcome to pop round and i'll take a look for you.

I think we've got London pretty much covered now!

That much oil won't come out of the breather pipe or the dipstick IMHO. Are you sure the oil cap was fitted correctly? Check the oil feed to the turbo as well.

porka968 said:
Are you serious
confused.gif
Ill be ok, heh. Just hope the engine is still ok too !

I was serious actually, there are people here who are willing to lend a hand to others who are having problems, nevermind.

Well, Ive cleaned it up, replaced the broken pipe and filled up with oil again. Luckily its all running as it was before the incident :)

Anyhow, Im pretty much fed up with it and I think the best thing to do will be to sell it and get a nice example. Preferably a black sport with leather :D

Why ? : abs light on
pulling to the left
boot needs respraying ( took off the ugly spoiler )
slow
viscous fan pretty dead ( goes near the red )
the list goes on........

Thanks to all who replied and offered to help !

Last edited:
porka968 said:
Well, Ive cleaned it up, replaced the broken pipe and filled up with oil again. Luckily its all running as it was before the incident :)

Anyhow, Im pretty much fed up with it and I think the best thing to do will be to sell it and get a nice example. Preferably a black sport with leather :D

Why ? : abs light on
pulling to the left
boot needs respraying ( took off the ugly spoiler )
slow
viscous fan pretty dead ( goes near the red )
the list goes on........

Thanks to all who replied and offered to help !

Look forward to seeing it cheap in the classified section.:)

KLP 92 said:
That much oil won't come out of the breather pipe or the dipstick IMHO. Are you sure the oil cap was fitted correctly? Check the oil feed to the turbo as well.

Oh yes it will, he blocked the breather, believe me the oil will get out where ever it can in large quantities. i've seen an engine empty itself of oil through the dipstick tube in a matter of seconds. You need to block the lines into the air intake and leave the breather open to atmosphere. so long as you caught it early enough i doubt you did any damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom