whoops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
Didn't seem to be able to find using the "search" but as my question goes is a speed camera able too "get you" if you travelling in the opposite direction to which it is pointing?One got me tonight :( I was 5mph over. (forgot the thing was there.

pluggers said:
is a speed camera able too "get you" if you travelling in the opposite direction to which it is pointing?
Nope! :)

It depends on what type of camera it was .... suffice to say - if it flashed you - then no (as I understand they're not not allowed to flash you in the face).

Tuvelos are forward facing so that they photograph the driver.
If it was a Gatso, was there a vehicle going the other way that could have triggered it ?

Nope! Gatso's can flash you when you go towards them!

If you appoach a 30Mph limit one at above 45Mph it will double flash, but you wont get caught.

All of the Gatso's here in Cambridge do this, I can only guess this is a warning system to sh!t you up.

Weekly I trigger them, and touch wood I still have a clean licence. - including the early hours of the morning when noone else is on the same road.

If that is what happened to you, dont worry :)

Kinky said:
It depends on what type of camera it was .... suffice to say - if it flashed you - then no (as I understand they're not not allowed to flash you in the face).

It was just a normal gatso,It was a bit startling to say the least when it flashed me in the face,bit worrying when there is white bars on my side the road tho.

PJH said:
Tuvelos are forward facing so that they photograph the driver.
If it was a Gatso, was there a vehicle going the other way that could have triggered it ?

just lonley old me on the road at 9.15pm.

KillerHERTZ said:
Nope! Gatso's can flash you when you go towards them!

If you appoach a 30Mph limit one at above 45Mph it will double flash, but you wont get caught.

All of the Gatso's here in Cambridge do this, I can only guess this is a warning system to sh!t you up.

Weekly I trigger them, and touch wood I still have a clean licence. - including the early hours of the morning when noone else is on the same road.

If that is what happened to you, dont worry

yeah it double flashed me 35 in a 30 zone damm thing,white bars on my side of the road nothing on the opposite side where the camera is very confusing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom