Who's good at recognition? The bolt!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lxi

Car
SL63 AMG, prior to that A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Hi guys - playing about yesterday with my SL55 R230, I found a very purposeful looking bolt under the polystyrene thing that holds the jack & wheelbrace.

It bears no signs of much use, has come blue "loctite" type stuff on the thread & at a (extreme) guess looks like a pin that would secure (say) a piece of the roof mechanism to a hydraulic ram.

The roof & boot open/close works fine & given it was buried deep in the boot, it might be something that's been replaced in the past before I got the car & the mechanic dropped it & forgot to go find.

However, it does concern me slightly & I would be very grateful to anyone that can suggest where I can double check to make sure nothing is missing (and my roof isn't about to drop off !!)

Many thanks in advance
David

Attachments

• Hair 3 006.jpg
    Hair 3 006.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Hair 3 007.jpg
    Hair 3 007.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 144
Looks very similiar to some bolts i use at work and theses screw into the door checkstrap assy allowing it to pivot on the plain bit of the bolt, the fact the loctite is deep in the threads means its been used, but the lack of any damage from coming loose ie scuff and chewed up marks means it was as you guess probably removed for a reason as opposed to fell out.

Lynall

Phew - many thanks - I'll be able to drive without the crash helmet then !!

Item 58 looks like the kiddy worth a look at least and if it does blow out who needs a rear window?
From the russian site in the favourite section.

B79020000006.1091.gif

Thanks Lynall - now that one I DID check immediately :eek: - not the one though - the window pin is black, bigger head & shorter (and where it should be !!)

Thanks anyway
David

Any chance you could make the pictures any bigger?

Yes - very sorry about that - I have no idea how or why that happened - thought they would appear as thumbnail attachments so didn't preview the post ! :confused::confused:

On the positive side, not bad for a phone camera ?!?

Re the golf club question - the answer is no (no time, no money, even less ability!)

Thats looks like a roof hinge bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom