whos got star at home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris-durham

Car
2005 CLS55 AMG
hello, was wondering how many of you have bought some version of star for DIY use? I think KilleHertz has?

assuming people are buying second hand set ups?

what exactly would I need for the CLS?

Im getting icarsoft mb2 . not quite star but alot of purpose.

I've got a C4 running from a Panasonic Toughbook. Brilliant bit of kit, came from the OBD store on eBay

You can buy a C3 multiplexer from China (or ebay) for about $300-$400, do a google search and try to find a reputable dealer. For Xentry (Star), the easy way is to get the software pre-loaded on a portable hard drive from the same vendor (they usually charge about $99 for the hard drive including the software), or google it and download the software from a torrent site, for free.
Installation can be a bit of a pain but google is your friend, there are instructions all over the Net.

One very good site is mhhauto dot com (I dunno if I am allowed to post the url on this site). Everything you ever wanted to know about Star, Xentry and C3, C4 systems is there. As your car is an older model C3 would suffice however if you want to future proof shell out a bit more for the C4. You'll also need a dedicated laptop to run Xentry on.

As above great bit of kit I will always buy a dealer level diagnostics from now on

I would say they are clones as apposed to 2nd hand

I've got the Chuckle Brothers chained up in the basement - does that count?

I'm selling my c3 (clone) with dell d630 laptop and xentry 09/2014 installed (thats the last version the c3 supports) if interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom