Who's growing a beard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not but Mrs Paneraiseeker has been for some years now...Bless her..

I've noticed that a lot of blokes start growing a beard after retirement, is there a reason?

I was thinking that it might be laziness or just that there's no longer a need to look smart for work but it could be something else, some kind of post mid life crisis?

Of course, some will always have been that way.

I think when I'm old I'll have to try a different form of rebellion, there's time to plan but, for a start, I'd rather like to go out and about in my pyjamas - they are very comfortable.

I've noticed that a lot of blokes start growing a beard after retirement, is there a reason?

I was thinking that it might be laziness or just that there's no longer a need to look smart for work but it could be something else, some kind of post mid life crisis?

I think when I'm old I'll have to try a different form of rebellion, there's time to plan but, for a start, I'd rather like to go out and about in my pyjamas - they are very comfortable.

Strange really that we naturally have hair growing on our faces but society perceives it to be 'un-smart'? I never judge anyone who hasn't shaved or think of them as scruffy.

And go go for it Lewy. Enjoy going out in your pj's. Many goto the supermarket in a onesie. :eek:

Hi All,
Yep, Lisa, as Chris says….. Entry site for the op.

I’ve got bypasses and a heart valve for replacement, so (or at least my surgeon does) preps up in advance. Donor sites for the bypass surgery goes along the lines of leg 1, leg 2, arm 1, arm 2 …. Then panic, I presume.

Rather than chance finding a good artery to whip out on the first leg, everything is set to be safer/cleaner. For a red head (Celtic origins) I was quite hirsute.
Several bits of me aren’t now! :D

And thanks for the ‘well wishes’ to all, as well. Just need to bring it on now, but the really good thing is the person who had the heart replacement (i.e., took my theatre slot) is doing well :bannana:

Rob.

You realise, though, the back, sack and crack wax was just his way of having a laugh at your expense? ;) :D

I'm pretty sure that the Indians didn't use them as night wear, so why not?

I only shave about once a week anyway, it would take me years to get to anything resembling a beard

Well I still have my furry face and I got a nice susage bap in bed this morning and some bedroom athletics for fathers day.
Not sure I'm going keep it though as I have now developed a habit of licking my mustache lol
Happy fathers day folks
Cheers
Ben

I'd quite like a neatly trimmed beard but the missus won't have it cos her dad has always had and she says it would put her right off.

I'm pretty sure that the Indians didn't use them as night wear, so why not?

Plus that fella on keyboards for the Boomtown Rats.

And Michael Winner, pyjama bottoms matched with a linen jacket, win.

Well I still have my furry face and I got a nice susage bap in bed this morning and some bedroom athletics for fathers day.
Not sure I'm going keep it though as I have now developed a habit of licking my mustache lol
Happy fathers day folks
Cheers
Ben

:D

You certainly have a way with words Ben. I'm trying hard not to laugh out loud again as Mrs D is leaning on me whilst she sleeps!

Happy fathers day folks
Cheers
Ben

Lalalalalalalala! Not listening! :mad: :p:(

Happy fathers day folks
Cheers
Ben

I'm confused AND concerned. Which of your children gifted you this on Father's Day? :eek:

You lads are so naughty!

Every time I use velcro now, I have a certain picture in my head ... please help!

My apologies if anyone needs any therapy or councilling.
And what's wrong with the image of two soft Baps and a sausage filling. You have a dirty mind indeed lol

There's a burger van at the roadside in Loughton called Lovely Baps.

.... there used to be a sandwich shop in Bolton called Big Baps, Nice Buns

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom