Who's MAF is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coruscator

Car
w209 2004 clk 270 cdi avantgarde
Hi,

W209 CLK 270 CDI

Can anyone tell me what MAF this is?

I hope its an OEM or a Bosch one.

Any Ideas?

Attachments

• DSC_1064.jpg
    DSC_1064.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 48
Take it off and have a look for MB part number or manufacturer name

Is it ok to do that?

Someone told me that if you change a MAF the car needs to be informed/updated or it wont work correctly.

Is this true?

Ok took it off anyway as I figured you wouldn't have told me to unless it was ok to do so.

Its got i2s written on it, then Germany, then 7.22684.07

This isnt an OEM or a bosch one is it?

Did a bit of googling and it turns out its a Pierburg one.

Are these any good?

Would I be better putting a MB one in instead?

Attachments

• DSC_1066.jpg
    DSC_1066.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Coruscator said:
Is it ok to do that? Someone told me that if you change a MAF the car needs to be informed/updated or it wont work correctly. Is this true?

All a load of cobblers.

Does anyone know the correct part number for a decent MAF for my w209 CLK 270 CDI?

I thought Pierburg are/were the suppliers to MB for MAFs and other items.

Well, well, that is good news.

Thanks again guys.

My maf is nearly 2 years old now, as the garage I bought the car from replaced it when I bought the car.

I wonder what the lifespan is on this part.

Could it be failing after only 2 years?

It was super-clean when I removed it earlier, you could have eaten your dinner off it. :D

Definitely that's a Pierburg MAF fitted. Be careful about the one Bob600 posted from KMS as I have my doubts their one is an actually a Pierburg.
Generally, the best value for Pierburg or Bosch MAF's is eBay.de. Just search Pierburg with the part number.

Down in the depths of that KMS listing is the following statement:

Top German Brand Any of the brands above / below, equivalent or OE supplier brands may be supplied UNLESS customer specifies.

Brand (or Equivalent Available) PIERBURG,FEBI,VIEROL,Or-Equivalent

I have found Autodoc Gmbh in Berlin good for price and delivery for German parts. Their UK Website is http://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/ and thyy also have an Ebay presence.

Last edited:
Down in the depths of that KMS listing is the following statement:

Top German Brand Any of the brands above / below, equivalent or OE supplier brands may be supplied UNLESS customer specifies.

Brand (or Equivalent Available) PIERBURG,FEBI,VIEROL,Or-Equivalent

I have found Autodoc Gmbh in Berlin good for price and delivery for German parts. Their UK Website is Best Auto Parts Store: cheap Car Parts buy direct online, Car Spares Shop and thyy also have an Ebay presence.

Thank you!

Always happy to have a web address so I can search for parts wthout having to bother you guys too much.

I'm sure you have much better things to do. :thumb:

Definitely that's a Pierburg MAF fitted. Be careful about the one Bob600 posted from KMS as I have my doubts their one is an actually a Pierburg.
Generally, the best value for Pierburg or Bosch MAF's is eBay.de. Just search Pierburg with the part number.

Ahh, of course.

Searching ebay.de is an excellent idea. Good shout. :thumb:

Good spot - Although I have bought from them in the past and received a Pierburg in a Pierburg box, it does say or equivalent.

Last I checked MB did them for circa £70 before any discount, but I'm sure you get 2 years warranty with that.

This looks genuine

Original Pierburg Air Flow Meter Mercedes C, CLK, E, G, M, S - Made in Germany | eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom