who's not looking forward to Xmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd quite like to try making horse salami, but I'd have to start with a Shetland to avoid making too much.

Buy her a My little Pony or a My large Shire horse (depending on your Missus' stature) and wrap that as a little proxy for Dobbin.

In this case a "My little Pony" would be more appropriate although the horse in question is 16.1 hh so not quite a pony!

He is being vetted tomorrow and if all well and a deal is struck I hope to sneak him in to a friends stable at some point next week and get him settled.

We usually have a walk Christmas morning after breakfast which, by coincidence, takes in certain stables and field!

If he fails I will see how much he will be for the salami!:D

Last edited:
This year I may simply have a day on my own. I don't mind the boozing, it's the false bonhomie (and the lousy telly) I can't stand. Bah humbug squared.

It is the big female "must do Christmas well" stress thing that seems to cause it all to kick off, especially with people like me around who are not ungrateful nor miserable but simply fail to understand why it has to be like that.

(I blame Nigella Lawson for all this, which is deeply ironic given she is Jewish.)

All the best Christmas times in our household come when we go skiing. Simple as that.

I doubt these actually exist, but might be useful if they did

Attachments

• christmas-tinner-2-580x381.jpg
    christmas-tinner-2-580x381.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 33
That was better though than a few years before when there was a huge argument on the day, so I jumped into my Porsche and drove 250 miles home to an empty house.

While I feel bad for you, your pain was entirely self-inflicted. All you had to do was drive there in a proper car, and you wouldn't have had to suffer the humiliation and shame of driving a porkie (for 250 miles too! you must be a real masochist)... :devil:

M.

Last edited:
I don't know
Stressed, should be signing contract for my new flat this week.Moving in date for 20th.
It's my first flat I bought in UK and oh my god such a ride it is.Never thought that buying is such a pain in UK
Anyways I recon once keys in my hand should be Best Christmas ever :)

The OP is clearly demonstrating early signs of anxiety induced stress & seasonal affected disorder.
A trip to the doctor should result in a month long doctors note giving ample opportunity to join the rest of the family in India getting a bit of winter sun.

If that doesn't do the trick try some volunteer work distributing hot meals for the elderly over Christmas

I'm not a total bah humbug, but i don't really see the point of the tree and all that, maybe I would feel different if we had kids and wanted to make it special for them.

My other halfs birthday is the 25th so we tend to give that a bit more focus (or we did until she started getting nearer 30):D She now says she doesn't want a fuss:dk:

I love Christmas, it's great.

I get to have a catch-up with old school friends that moved to far flung places (this Saturday at the races as it happens!), I get to see my children's faces as they open their presents and I also find it a good time to reflect on the year that's just been and raise a toast to absent friends...

Daughter has ditched her husband (we he is a total pratt) am moved back with 3 dogs.

The day after that happened I booked a house in France for 10 days. Just the two of us...

As "The Wife" like France there was no problem and I will miss out on the people that only infest you on the 25 and 26 that you would not normally have anything to do with.

Going in the SLK as well only draw back will be the wife calling the Daughter twice a day.

Hey Ho.

only draw back will be the wife calling the Daughter twice a day.

Hey Ho.

Text or email. Much cheaper and you will not have to listen to the wittering

"You OK?"

"Yes"

Job done

Personally I think that Dec 25th is a great day for a drive through central London, then home to lunch.

I'm not a church-goer but hate the way that a Christian festival has been taken over by rampant consumerism, fuelled by the 6-week advert blitz which suggests that you are a miserable git if your table isn't stacked with enough food to choke Henry VIII.

Luckily we're managing to avoid the out-laws and hopefully anyone else for the 25th. Plans include a run out along the North Norfolk coast in the SL (if fine) or a day in front of the log-burner with all the DVDs I've bought this year but not found time to watch (if not).

Discovered that the local Co-op had a deal on 12 year-old Glenlivet, which will go well with the DVDs, but not with the SL.

Actually, thinking about it I'm starting to look forward to the annual gluttony fest now!

House Move

I don't know
Stressed, should be signing contract for my new flat this week.Moving in date for 20th.
It's my first flat I bought in UK and oh my god such a ride it is.Never thought that buying is such a pain in UK
Anyways I recon once keys in my hand should be Best Christmas ever :)

Hi
In same boat, signing contract 21st! furniture being delivered 22nd (hopefully). Sky being set up 24th! cutting it a bit fine, so stressed myself. Don't know what Xmas is going to bring, but like you hopefully
will be good.

Christmas.
"How thoughtful. How did you know I would like {insert any number of totally useless tat items} one of those?"

An unending stream of forced or false cheer.

Someone else's religious diatribe infused with with their own particular twist.

Weeks of logistics, hours of preparation for it all to be sprinkled with those seemingly innocuous little remarks; you can really tell this meat was very expensive but the stuff MY local butcher supplies is VERY moist……….roughly translates into: you can't cook; your ingredients are low rent and I am significantly better than you as well as being convincingly ungrateful.

All I would like for Christmas is world peace (in other words, for adults to realise that there is more to be gained by putting others before themselves), the return of 'Please' and 'Thank you' and a gift voucher for a G55/ G63.

Too much? Hug my bum….sorry. I meant humbug.

Christmas used to be fabulous when my children were young. We would head to Cornwall to Hengar Manor away from everything and i loved the drive down there. I dislike christmas very much these days as mostly on my own now i cant afford to go to Egypt. Humbug.

Little bits of Christmas joy are starting to enter my thought process. Most of the time its - FFS can we get it over with please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom