Who's the king of the road?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Once took a military 'HGV' test in Cyprus (Akrotiri '71-'74 since you ask), in a water tanker on an old bedford chassis with crash gearbox and half full of water. It felt like there were no tank baffles because of significant weight transfer and 'sloshing' sound when braking and accelerating (sort of). Not sure of weight, perhaps less than 10tons but a real handfull.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringway
I also presume 'the wife' does not read your input to this forum.
biggrin.gif

I presume she's left him. :D

Oi! I didn't quote that, Mocas. :p

In any case, I didn't drive that volumetrically enriched young lady, thankfully. Well, I hope I didn't. :confused: :D

A 24 ton mobile kitchen in Morocco when i worked on the films.

Did you work with a guy called Gramham from birmingham who ran catering & crew buses for film sets ??

Hi,is that the one with the big 'Brakes' sign that jumps out of the dash on first starting, until the air pressure builds up? I also remember the 'Sarican':)done a few miles in one of them. Stag on.

Good question, it's always been up to pressure at the time.

Did you work with a guy called Gramham from birmingham who ran catering & crew buses for film sets ??

No , i worked for a company called 'Busters on Location' . It was owned by a nice chap called Peter.

They did a lot of big films ( Bond , The Mummy , Entrapment ) while i was there.

We were in Morocco for The Mummy.

It needed moving from one location to the next and somehow i ended up with the job. I'd never driven anything bigger than a Golf before that.

I knocked over a mini roundabout , and when i say knocked over i mean pulled it out of the ground , not drove over it.

My Moroccan 'fixer' just shouted 'Keep Going !!! Don't Stop !!! ' so i did. :D

Never heard anything more about it.

UNTIL NOW

:)You are not obliged to say any...............

Do you have the use of it at weekends? :D must be a bit of a f+??y magnet.

There's an optical illusion of sorts with this picture. When scrolling up and down the page the tyres seem to roll.

797.jpg

797.jpg

Once took a military 'HGV' test in Cyprus (Akrotiri '71-'74 since you ask), in a water tanker on an old bedford chassis with crash gearbox and half full of water. It felt like there were no tank baffles because of significant weight transfer and 'sloshing' sound when braking and accelerating (sort of). Not sure of weight, perhaps less than 10tons but a real handfull.

That was the trouble with the old Green Goddess fire engine, very unstable due to the lack of baffles.:)

Have a look at post 17:(

Oh , I had seen it before I posted .

Guess we'll just have to wait for DRUK or someone else with a nautical background to come along and divulge the weight of their ships .

Oh , I had seen it before I posted .

Guess we'll just have to wait for DRUK or someone else with a nautical background to come along and divulge the weight of their ships .

But how would that make him "king of the road"?

Come to think of it, has Flanaia1 driven that Cat on the road? Methinks there may be a bit of rule-bending going on in order to claim oneupmanship...

No , i worked for a company called 'Busters on Location' . It was owned by a nice chap called Peter.

They did a lot of big films ( Bond , The Mummy , Entrapment ) while i was there.

We were in Morocco for The Mummy.

Was She a MILF...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom