Who's the king of the road?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But how would that make him "king of the road"?

Come to think of it, has Flanaia1 driven that Cat on the road? Methinks there may be a bit of rule-bending going on in order to claim oneupmanship...

The OP did state in the very first post "what is the largest and heaviest vehicle you have ever driven on or off the Queens highway"

While the handful of steam trains I've driven might not be as heavy as Ian's truck , they were longer and could therefore , arguably , have been larger .

I used to do a lot of photography and video work for a preserved railway and have briefly taken the controls of a few locos , a couple of times whilst hauling trains behind .

11 ton Alvis Saracen towing an overheated Daimler Ferret on the A3 at 8pm

Come to think of it, has Flanaia1 driven that Cat on the road? Methinks there may be a bit of rule-bending going on in order to claim oneupmanship...

Quote from the OP in post #1 "what is the largest and heaviest vehicle you have ever driven on or off the Queens highway"

Obviously the 797 is an off road truck :D

Not driven by me, but.........

Last edited:
Quote from the OP in post #1 "what is the largest and heaviest vehicle you have ever driven on or off the Queens highway"

Obviously the 797 is an off road truck :D

I would like to see the low loader it came on, perhaps they are built on site?:dk:.

I used to drive these -

MFV-1.jpg

Chassis - Unipower 6x6
Engine - Detroit diesel 8V92TA 2 stroke turbo 585bhp
Performance - 67 mph, 0-50 mph in 27 seconds
Weight - 26 tonnes
Length - 10.5m
Width - 2.8m

I would like to see the low loader it came on, perhaps they are built on site?:dk:.

Comes in parts and they assemble on site, skip on the back comes in two parts and welded together, axles shipped separate, Engine is 2 x V10 put together to form a V20 or some of them now have electric pick up from overhead wires.

When they are transported from one local site to another the take of the wheels and ship them on 2 x low loaders one front and one rear an incredible sight which unfortunately I have not witnessed only seen the pics :thumb:

Comes in parts and they assemble on site, skip on the back comes in two parts and welded together, axles shipped separate, Engine is 2 x V10 put together to form a V20 or some of them now have electric pick up from overhead wires.

When they are transported from one local site to another the take of the wheels and ship them on 2 x low loaders one front and one rear an incredible sight which unfortunately I have not witnessed only seen the pics :thumb:

Thank you for sharing that,puts a whole new slant on heavy goods:thumb:

Will dig out some more pics of other plant as there is some seriously big kit in the mining Industry.

Thank you again, I feel sure it will be of interest to a great number of people. Machinery such as this is seldom seen by people outside of the industry.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom