Who's the mod to contact?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly surprising, as he doesn't like you since you called him a moron. What was that for, did he put the wax on upside down, or not use Do-do juice?

Lol

Do we really need a 'detailing' section at all?

Aren't there 'detailing only' forums where the OCD afflicted can entertain others similarly afflicted with interminable ads posts of shiny cars?

Surely AMG drivers (was going to say owners but feared I would start a barrage of "most if them don't own them they rent them") don't thank people!

It is really just a nod to the type of people that feel the need to have cars detailed, not really specific models, however some are more prevalent than others.

If your level of car enthusiasm is paying a lease payment and driving it occasionally, then the only additional item is to have it cleaned well.

Others have different priorities, such as working on their cars or going on driving days, either performance days like yours at Santa-Pod, or tours, like *** or even Rashman.
Either of these is infinitely more interesting to read about than polishing a bit of paintwork. As a reader you feel some involvement, instead of just being told a one sided story.

It is really just a nod to the type of people that feel the need to have cars detailed, not really specific models, however some are more prevalent than others.

If your level of car enthusiasm is paying a lease payment and driving it occasionally, then the only additional item is to have it cleaned well.

Others have different priorities, such as working on their cars or going on driving days, either performance days like yours at Santa-Pod, or tours, like *** or even Rashman.
Either of these is infinitely more interesting to read about than polishing a bit of paintwork. As a reader you feel some involvement, instead of just being told a one sided story.

There are people who enjoy their owned cars and like to look after them too. I came to this forum because I bought a brand new W204 with lots of toys, I loved it. It got used properly and thoroughly enjoyed but I still detailed it and enjoyed doing so.

It isn't everyone's cup of tea, I get that. But, if you aren't a fan don't read about it, no one forces you to. Some people really do enjoy it and that's their business and right to talk about it isn't it?

It isn't everyone's cup of tea, I get that. But, if you aren't a fan don't read about it, no one forces you to. Some people really do enjoy it and that's their business and right to talk about it isn't it?

Nobody has criticized any of the regular members detailing their cars, what is in question here is professionals using the forum as an advertising medium.

Hey, I've even been known to wash, clay, rotary polish, LSP my own cars, so can appreciate the end result and effort required.

Nobody has criticized any of the regular members detailing their cars, what is in question here is professionals using the forum as an advertising medium.

Hey, I've even been known to wash, clay, rotary polish, LSP my own cars, so can appreciate the end result and effort required.

Before I became a professional I was berated frequently by some people in this forum who just had an issue with detailing.

I originally came here as an MB owner, not a pro. And when I turned pro I offered to sponsor this section because I wanted to support the site and yes, be allowed to share with people who were interested my work.

Until tonight I have never talked about my business publicly (in a way that could identify it.) At least I don't think I have!

With good reason.....

You were well out of order and I stand by everything that was said, it took a great deal of provocation to get me to that stage.

You say the ^ yet send me an apology after it :dk::dk:
Dude:I`ve nothing against detailers,is only that some of them make such a great deal out of it by charging the earth

Fear enough what they do is great and is liked by any petrol head but compare the profession with Doctors(as some did last year) it`s a joke

Some say it takes many years of experience to become a pro detailer,how long did it take you ;)

You say the ^ yet send me an apology after it :dk::dk:
Dude:I`ve nothing against detailers,is only that some of them make such a great deal out of it by charging the earth

Fear enough what they do is great and is liked by any petrol head but compare the profession with Doctors(as some did last year) it`s a joke

Some say it takes many years of experience to become a pro detailer,how long did it take you ;)

I thought about it after I posted that. Calling you a moron was out of order irrespective of the provocation. I apologise for that.

And to get to a level where I was happy to take people's money - about 4 years. And since then I've invested in further training to enhance my skills. It is an ongoing process....I'm probably twice as good now as I was when I started my business and I'm nowhere near the top of my game yet. I spent a few days with the best detailer in the country recently and although I consider myself one of the better detailers in my area I'm nowhere near as good as he is, yet!

I find it very difficult to accept just how picky, pointy and downright absurd some of the forum members on here are, maybe they are just arrogant in life, so arrogant behind a keyboard and cannot accept that some people actually make a living out of detailing.

In relation to the 'compared to a Doctor' - that came about when it was revealed that some of the UK's top detailers charge circa £75 - 85 per hour.

This caused much scoffing on this forum from people who could not understand that somebody skilled in a trade could ever charge so much when they could take their car and have 4 polish guys work on it for a fiver.

These are the same people who are arrogant enough to believe that cleaning a car is 'beneath' them, or can't be bothered to clean it > The same people who buy a £50,000 car and have it religious serviced at MB, change the oil every 3 months and only ever put the most expensive tyres on but are quite happy to have their paintwork wrecked by untrained, uninsured cheap labour.

The same people who think they have got where they are today by many years of hard work so therefore are happy to say they won't get out of bed for less than £200 per day. But think a clean car means wiping a sponge over it.

Professional detailing is not a trade ?, try finding a plumber to come and fix your leak on a weekend and let's see how much he charges you ?

Pro detailers are professionals and it is a trade, many of them have years of experience on different cars, paint systems, clear coat behaviours, different leather textures, being able to remove and save paint where it would otherwise be sent to a body repair shop etc.

I for one admire what they do, think they are well trained ( it don't happen overnight ) and can bring the most savaged looking car back to a very good state.

If you can't understand it, then fine but don't apply your blinkered attitudes onto this thread as it's not constructive.

I'm sure there will be a few replies to this as I can't for one minute expect the trolls to sit back and let this one go - or even the spelling police to pick up on anything mis-typed etc.

Fire away, flush yourselves out into the open,

Last edited:
I love you secret famous person that other members know who you are. Lol

Is it really a 'profession'?

Not in the technical sense.

Profession applies to things like teaching, law, medicine etc.

I suppose you would call it a skilled trade. It doesn't bother me how it is classified really.

I would have been classed as a "Professional" in my previous career and I enjoy this a lot more. My quality of life is significantly better, my customers love what I do and I love what I do. I don't earn the same money as I did but it will get there, my business is still quite new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom