Whose going to go for the Iphone 4S?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good spoof - thanks for sharing:cool:

O2 offered me £282 for my IPhone 4 32GB and they seem to go for £380/£390 on EBay.......
(It's in perfect condition although it is 15 months old)
Don't know if I will change yet.:dk:

I was waiting for the new iPhone but it was such a disappointment I upgraded to another BlackBerry,as much as I like Apple products I've gone off the iPhone over recent months.

On a side note does iOS 5 on that download go straight on an iPad 2?, or do I need to download via my computer?.

Out on wed so they say!

I had the new one in my basket for pre order then thought wait a minuite £600 for s phone!!!

What more does it do that I will use than my 4....

So treated my 4 to a new Case :)

BTW, I was in my local 3 store today - and while their monthly contract prices are on their website the price of the iPhone 4S isn't.

I was told that the 4S 16Gb is £99 upfront with £35 per month all-in plan, and,
the existing iPhone 4 is free on a £35 all-in monthly contract (both over 24 months).

Playing with my new Galaxy SII after sending the dire Blackberry Torch back - so far, so good.

Last edited:
Is Siri part of the IOS5 software update, or exclusive to IP4S?

It looks like the latest IOS 5 is sending sounds to comand all the time. IE when I get a new email the "ping" comes over the car speakers.
I could get used to it but would like to lock the sounds down a little as I wouldn't be that interested in hearing a ping for every email especially when the sound from the radio tapers down, then plays the ping then the sound comes back loud again.
Might see if flicking the mute switch on the phone mutes these sound notifications.

The other interesting thing would be SIRI and comand. I certainly hope that it plays back the audio from your phone (which it is looking like it will as above) when you give the phone a command to say read out a text or an email.

It looks like the latest IOS 5 is sending sounds to comand all the time. IE when I get a new email the "ping" comes over the car speakers.
I could get used to it but would like to lock the sounds down a little as I wouldn't be that interested in hearing a ping for every email especially when the sound from the radio tapers down, then plays the ping then the sound comes back loud again.
Might see if flicking the mute switch on the phone mutes these sound notifications.

The other interesting thing would be SIRI and comand. I certainly hope that it plays back the audio from your phone (which it is looking like it will as above) when you give the phone a command to say read out a text or an email.

What the iPhone needs is the ability to customise different sound settings. Even my old Nokia work phone has 'General, meeting, silent, outdoor' modes etc.

Saying that I'm still expecting the 4S to be delivered on Thursday (not managed to sort the laptop yet though) :thumb:

Since I still have 9 months or so of my contract still to run , I will continue to use my 3GS .

Once eligible for an upgrade , I will see whether the 4 or the 4S will be free by then .

I paid for my original iPhone on the launch date , but then waited until the 3GS came out , at which point I got a free upgrade to the 3G , then when the 4 came out I got a 3GS for free .

I am content to be one model behind rather than pay a fortune every year or so on top of my contract .

The IOS 5.0 is due for release tomorrow - 12th Oct. however as apple is based in USA it will not go live on the itunes store until 6pm tomorrow night. All anyone has to do is connect their iphone to their computer & open up itunes. HOWEVER, there is will a MASSIVE rush in the first day so it may take some while for Apple's servers to get everyone downloaded. When IOS 4.0 was released there was a 8 hour back-log of UK customers who had to wait until night time in the USA before they could downlaod the new IOS.

Richard has ordered a new 4S iphone to go with his other new purchase - An ML63!

Buckled under impulse pressure and got a 64gb iPhone 4s.
Pleased to say that Siri works through my comand Bluetooth so I can dictate texts and have texts read in the car (all whilst stood still obviously...).

Now have a pristine 32gb iPhone 4 with AppleCare (till late next year) for sale.

Buckled under impulse pressure and got a 64gb iPhone 4s.
Pleased to say that Siri works through my comand Bluetooth so I can dictate texts and have texts read in the car (all whilst stood still obviously...).

Now have a pristine 32gb iPhone 4 with AppleCare (till late next year) for sale.

Couldn't Siri be added to the iPhone 4? Is it in the IOS 5 ?

"apparently not", something to do with the new dual processor.
If you update your iPhone 4 to IOS 5 you will not get Siri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom