Whose going to go for the Iphone 4S?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Couldn't Siri be added to the iPhone 4? Is it in the IOS 5 ?

Don't think the processor is up to it in the 4. The 4S has the new dual core A5 chip.

Got one yesterday. It's still in the box though. Not sure what to do with it yet.

Can't see the point. With the exception of Siri, if you already have a good camera, it's a bit smoke and mirrors to me. Will wait for the iphone5 and stick with trusty iphone3 and ipad:D. Am tempted by Android though.

Have the iphone4 currently which works well with my E-class cradle, and not interested in the 4s for the moment particularly as it may NOT work with the cradle. Does anyone have experience of using the iphone 4 cradle with IOS 5? Don't want to upgrad the os until I'm sure it will work. Thanks. Would appreciate your feedback.

It works with the 3GS, so can't think why it wouldn't with the 4. It has also corrected the 'hang-up' bug of the previous version iOS

There is a issue with the 4S and the iphone cradles.

We have tested two now and found that the phone will pair with the cradle initially but then drop the connection. We have of course reported this to apple and Mercedes but given the issues we have seen before with Apple and bluetooth I wouldnt hold your breath for a fix anytime soon :(

There is a issue with the 4S and the iphone cradles.

We have tested two now and found that the phone will pair with the cradle initially but then drop the connection. We have of course reported this to apple and Mercedes but given the issues we have seen before with Apple and bluetooth I wouldnt hold your breath for a fix anytime soon :(

Another reason to hang on to the 3GS until the 5 arrives? Any other cradles/pucks that will do the same jobs (phone/charge/iPod) as the MB offering?

Another reason to hang on to the 3GS until the 5 arrives? Any other cradles/pucks that will do the same jobs (phone/charge/iPod) as the MB offering?

I need to spend some time with the 4S and a range of cradles working out which ones do and dont work. Hopefully there is a solution somewhere!

I know that IOS5 is fine for bluetooth with my Smart though!

iPhone 4S procured today after much trapsing as a surprise for Mrs D. I just hope the old SIM card isn't disabled before I give it to her in case it spoils the surprise.

I had to go for a black one in the end - white ones are like hens teeth - and I didn't want to miss the "free before 31/10" deal.

^ whats the free deal...

I've got my text today off my provider that mine is ready if I want it..Have until 22nd to secure.

I'm not sure what to do.

I have a 4 wife has a 3GS, I'm tempted to get the 4S to replace the 3GS then.....I've first dabs on the 5 as soon as thats out

16GB Handset FREE for existing customers until 31/10 if you take the £36 p/m deal with O2, but have to add bolt on for data: in my case £6 per month for 500MB.

Read more here: O2 | iPhone 4S tariffs | Tariff and phone costs for iPhone 4S on O2

So we get a gazillion minutes and texts we'll never use but it works out a few pounds cheaper over the 2 years Mrs D will use it, compared to going for a cheaper monthly but paying a bigger handset price. You can downgrade your tariff after 12 months with O2 if you really want to too.

^ thanks.

I prefer to do it pay upfront more and then only a 12month contract.

I only pay £20 a month, 600mins, unlimited text and 500GB data. I never use more...bill always £20.

Over the term your right works out about the same but I can change after 1 year or sell the phone....or drop to a sim only deal some around £15.

Thanks

Mrs D's new 4s is not activated yet - I was told in store it would be up to 24 hours but I was worried it would happen before I got home tonight and ruin the surprise. Been about 10 hours now and not yet activated.

I couldn't hold on any longer so I handed it to Mrs D when she asked me to pass her phone. She looked confused!! Had a play now and Siri is very impressive. Facetime wouldn't work at first - worked it out now though - you can use the same Apple ID on two devices connected through Facetime.

So far so good...

Tempted to get a SIM-only deal for Mrs D's old 3GS for me to use now...

Bit of a bummer using imessenger on the same id! its like texting yourself, you really need to have a apple id for each device to get the full monty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom