Why are CLS`s so cheap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reggie musson

Car
CLK 2.7 Diesel
Can anyone tell me why the CLS mark seem to be such a bargain, are they problem motors.
When I was trying to track down my CLK I currently own, I noticed some CLS`s on the market at some silly low prices, and I noticed last week a 2008 320 Diesel CLS, with 44,000 miles on Autotrader for £7,000 which is about half what I think its worth.
Can anyone tell me are these problem cars, as I think these look very nice ?

Reggie

Woow 7K ?? That's a give away.
Nothing wrong with them, they should keep their value.
We need to be careful with adds like that - clone??

At £7k it's a scam.

I think for a high mileage example, you'd be looking at £11k+

Any minute now a new member will join and tell everyone how he managed to buy a spotless CLS for only £7k and only 44,000 on the clock.

Hello

The cheapest ones will probably be the CLS500 or CLS350 petrol and the earlier ones, Saying that probably a year ago now some 320cdi CLS's were going through the auctions on sensible miles for around 10K (piston heads auction thread)

Semi ok miles the cheapest around 11k private,

There is a CLS55 at our local garage for £17995 I may go and have a look just to see it, its a weired colour mind.

7K WILL be a scam, or a repaired car.

Hey guys, I've just bought a fantastic cls, low mileage, for only 7k. Do I win a prize?

Any minute now a new member will join and tell everyone how he managed to buy a spotless CLS for only £7k and only 44,000 on the clock.

......but unfortunately his brother Woomba-woomba has been stuck down ill by the devil and so he has had to fly back to Gabon, but would be happy to let some lucky good British person have the car for the same price he paid. All monies would be held by Western Union and the car can be collected from Bristol airport. :doh:

'Nuff said?

s45pgi.jpg

'Cos they're so ugly?

Those who are here long enough get to realise that Neilr is always provocative ;)

Someone once said to me that the 2007 CLS I owned briefly looked like a bull dog taking a *hit.....and others really liked it ... all a question of personal taste i guess .... and some people just hate everything they don't have ...

Last edited:
I 'm actually with neillrr on this, CLS is very unoriginal and rather blingy-likewise Passat CC
However in fairness , What Car? did CLS CDI V Panamera Diesel -they thought Panamera was worth the extra 16k premuim - nope, in that situation it would be CLS everytimefor me

Think a '05 plate 110k mile CLS500 (clean with FSH) did £8,900 at an auction I saw recently.

The petrol models definately look like value at the moment.

When the CLS first appeared on the scene I thought "Wow, that's lovely!"

Now I think the styling has dated rather quickly. I know it occupies a different sector of the market, but the W208 CLK gets better every time I see it. I saw a lovely black CLK55 in Walton this afternoon.

It's the insurance that puts me off ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom