Why are the hazards flashing 15 seconds after I lock the car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter DLM

MB Enthusiast
Car
19 reg CLS 350d, 67 reg AMG GT R Caterham Levante
This just started today. Why do the harzard lights start flashing after I lock the car? There is a slight delay, but there is no alarm siren sounding, just a rapid flashing of the blinkers.

Nothing on the dash either to suggest anything.

Any ideas? :(

This just started today. Why do the harzard lights start flashing after I lock the car? There is a slight delay, but there is no alarm siren sounding, just a rapid flashing of the blinkers.

Nothing on the dash either to suggest anything.

Any ideas? :(

it happens on my car sometimes that my warning blinkers flashes by them self.
This can happen when you don't expect it!
I think maybe there is a pulse or something that triggers the hazard blinkers to flash?
My alarm horn doesn't go off either if I don't manipulate it.

As long as you car battery doesn't get drained you don't have to worry.
Maybe if you go to the stealership and read the codes you might see what triggers the blinkers to flash.

It could be the alarm siren (built in back up battery failing)- STAR will pick it up

Yep, plenty of post reporting this problem. Around £80 for a new alarm and then fitting on top of that price. Happened to me as well.

My experience is that the hazard lights flash but a second press on the lock button stops it. My car was in my driveway for 6 weeks and I think the battery was a little low.

Battery now fully recharged by the problem persists. I grudge having to take it to Mercedes who will charge £90 to look at it.

Sounds like your siren, fairly easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom