Why are there so few cla45's?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seesixtythree

Car
audi
right so I sold my c63 coupe 125 edition last year and since then have been considering what to go for next, I was set on an f80 m3 as the c63s is out of my budget however I love the interior looks wide of the a45 although the car overall has a boy racer image. That's led me to consider the cla45 it's affordable to run, quick, 4wd so should be quick in the wet....Looks wise it's also different compared to the runof the mill m3. But why is there so few cla45's compared to other amgs and does any one else think it's a good choice?

right so I sold my c63 coupe 125 edition last year and since then have been considering what to go for next, I was set on an f80 m3 as the c63s is out of my budget however I love the interior looks wide of the a45 although the car overall has a boy racer image. That's led me to consider the cla45 it's affordable to run, quick, 4wd so should be quick in the wet....Looks wise it's also different compared to the runof the mill m3. But why is there so few cla45's compared to other amgs and does any one else think it's a good choice?

Personally I really like them not sure why there isn't many around the a45's are everywhere

When I was considering what to replace my A Class with, I test drove the CLA 220, first thing the Salesman told me was "All CLA's are Factory Orders" 4 to 5 Month waiting time, that may explain the lack of CLA45's in the used market! :dk:

Not sure the above is true, 2-3 dealerships around me have had them in the showroom as dealer ordered cars. I was looking at ordering one (before finding that I could have a CLS63 with barely any miles on for close to the same price) and I think most people go for an A45 due to the practicality of having a large hatchback boot/opening and more headroom in the back vs the sloping roof line of the CLA.

Definitely go and test one first, I found that they weren't as quick off the line as everyone said they were, gearbox basically ignored most inputs from you (especially annoying when you're wanting to drop another gear mid roundabout to shoot out the exit but it ignores you and leaves you in 4th!) and lacks some real grunt at higher speed (may miss this after being in the C63 although I hear a map helps address these things a lot). I know they're bigger cars but have you considered an E63 etc? You can pick up good examples for £30k now

I haven't seem many non-AMG CLA's either.

The CLS Shooting break on the other hand.... WOW!!!

I agree with that. The 4 door coupe does nothing for me (unless 45 guise). The rear wheels seem too tucked inwards from the wheel arches.

The shooting brake looks stunning in any spec. I'd quite like a 220d AMG Line.

I agree with that. The 4 door coupe does nothing for me (unless 45 guise). The rear wheels seem too tucked inwards from the wheel arches.

The shooting brake looks stunning in any spec. I'd quite like a 220d AMG Line.

Yep, the CLA must have one of the ugliest rear quarters of any MB.

Personally think the CLA is a pig ugly car in any form! having said that, I don't see the appeal of the SB either, but there again it would be a dull place if we all liked the same things :)

Thanks for the input guys, think I will have to test drive one. The reason I am veering away from a bigger engine/body is that with c63 I never used the top end power, wheels spun everywhere I went most of my driving is around town so a cla45 seemed more suited....not sure now though. Looks are subjective I think the saloon and SB both look great. Yes the cls looks nicer but the 63 although great is a bit more than what I need...

because it's ugly? expensive? and doesn't built like a normal merc? comparing the interior to a C or E class it's like you're sitting in a Nissan.

Me either!

Attachments

• image-721272768.jpg
    image-721272768.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 55
Why did you leave your fake non touch low resolution iPad there?!?!

I really like the CLA45, one of my neighbours has one and I think it looks the dogs, plus it sounds amazing for a four pot.

Why did you leave your fake non touch low resolution iPad there?!?!

Ive never had a problem with the iPad look. Why should all interiors look the same and have integrated screens? Different is good sometimes. ;)

Probably because it's extremely expensive and horrendously ugly.

I must admit, the more I look the more I like. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom