Why are there so few women members?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

duberalles

Car
W212 E350 CDI Cabriolet
I have read hundreds of posts and have yet to come across (no pun intended) any women members of this forum. There must be some SLK or A Class owners here?

I think 29 is still considered young for a Mercedes owner....

But even at 18, this forum is great, dont feel excluded or left out (yes, im aware they mean the same thing.. kinda) even though 90% of the people on here are old enough to be my dad.. or grandad.

Mercedes is really one of those unique brands that transcends youth and age. The young aspire to three pointed star ownership and the lucky older guys enjoy the rewards of age.

I had an uncle who was a school teacher who aspired to Mercedes ownership all his life. He eventually made it 2 years from retirement. So it takes all sorts I suppose. Really enjoy the forum so far, despite fear of it being stuffy and too technical/dull. "can anyone recommend the right firing order for the spark plugs on a beige 1982 190E ? .....) :rolleyes:

John

Hi there.I`ve just joined and Yes,I`m a female :) Don`t own an A class yet though

firing order

Mercedes is really one of those unique brands that transcends youth and age. The young aspire to three pointed star ownership and the lucky older guys enjoy the rewards of age.

I had an uncle who was a school teacher who aspired to Mercedes ownership all his life. He eventually made it 2 years from retirement. So it takes all sorts I suppose. Really enjoy the forum so far, despite fear of it being stuffy and too technical/dull. "can anyone recommend the right firing order for the spark plugs on a beige 1982 190E ? .....) :rolleyes:

John

Hi john ,not sure about the firing order on beige ones,now if it was red or black that would be a different story.;);)

I got my love of cars and this brand from my mother. She was obsessed with shaving off seconds from the school run. She's now nearly 70 and convinced she has the fastest and most economical C180K ever made. She's never done a brim to brim so I'm just convinced it's a dodgy mpg reading. I laugh when she scoffs at diesels merely getting 40+ mpg when her petrol that's 10 years old is averaging 50! :)

The other lady in my life (my 7 year old daughter) is car mad too. She wasn't too happy about me getting the Merc though. The brands she prefers (clealy a girl of good taste) are Ferrari and Lamborghini - so if its not hot and Italian she's not interested. During a test drive she was in the back seat and said in a big loud voice - Papa I like the car but aren't Mercedes for old people? :doh:

John

PS My cunning ruse to find out who all the female members are is clearly working :p

Is it because they are doing the housework? :ban:

Jesting aside, I think it's quite simply that cars are a man thing.
That's not sexist; it's the truth.
No female in my family has any interest whatsoever in anything to do with cars, whereas I can argue all day with my Dad & uncles about who makes the best engines/ cars etc etc :thumb:

I wonder if women are asking 'how come there are hardly any male members on our dishwashing forum?'

I wonder if women are asking 'how come there are hardly any male members on our dishwashing forum?'

Send me the link and I'll join. I'd love to know what's the best dishwasher out there, fastest loading, cleaning drying times, quietest operating etc...:thumb:

Now all we need is a thread on who are the best Mercedes drivers. Without answering that one, IMHO women Mercedes drivers are much much better than women Land Rover drivers. Yummi mummy in a Merc on the school run wins every time.

SLKs are traditionally bought by older successful and predatory women.

They wouldn't be interested in you lot.
devil.gif

Ask a bloke what a car it is and he can tell make model and probably other details as well, a woman... it's red :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom