Why are UK specs lacking compared to other territories?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cgreenhalgh

Car
Honda Civic Prestige 1.5
I'm currently looking at options for a new car, and am drawn to the "A" cars. A Hatch, CLA, Shooting Brake, GLA etc. But for a car that prides itself on its technology it's so lacking in some of the things available. I'd love a HUD, and a Surround View camera on my car, but you just can't get them in the UK on A cars, despite being available in other countries, and on most other UK models, and from many other manufacturers.
4matic? Not unless you get an AMG.
Don't get me started on colours and trims...
Why is it so limited compared to elsewhere?
And carrying on from that, I'm not missing something am I? Is it possible to get HUD and/or surround view on any A based car in the UK. I hope I'm missing something

Cheers!

Hi and welcome. You're not the first to complain about this, there have been a few threads on this subject lately. One member ordered a 'UK' vehicle through MB in a different county (E Class I think) and managed to get the spec he wanted

Hi and welcome. You're not the first to complain about this, there have been a few threads on this subject lately. One member ordered a 'UK' vehicle through MB in a different county (E Class I think) and managed to get the spec he wanted
Thanks for the welcome! Ahh that's interesting... do you have LHD/RHD issues at that point or could I still get the steering wheel on the correct side 😝 and roughly what route would you look at for that? Contact a dealer in another country, raise it with a UK dealer, or?

Thanks for the welcome! Ahh that's interesting... do you have LHD/RHD issues at that point or could I still get the steering wheel on the correct side 😝 and roughly what route would you look at for that? Contact a dealer in another country, raise it with a UK dealer, or?
It was a RHD UK spec if I remember. I'll see if I can find it

Ireland is RHD

Fair point, I hadn't thought about Ireland. And they have all the options I want. Phone call coming on Monday i think (and a bad news phone call to the UK dealership!)
You can send me my commission later ;):D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom