Why buy budget???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Regardless of tyres or brakes, surely it is the driver and his/her ability.

By the way, I use and have used for some time, Maxxis, and have had no problem with them.

Ive always bought what seem to be regarded as Ditchfinders and never had an issue. Last week I upgraded to 22" alloys and tyres on the ML. 283x35x22 A friend said bet you will need to sell a kidney if you ever need to replace a tyre. A quick google shows Camskill selling "Ditchfinders" for £68, job jobbed. The most expensive tyres and brakes in the world wont stop a truck T boning you or a lunatic smashing into you.

I’ve used cheap partworns manly as I like to buy a new set of good tyres all at the same time, so if when the rear are at say 15% life left, one gets a puncture that isn’t repairable, I’ll get a cheap £20 tyre fitted to last a short while until all of the rest are ready for replacement.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people buy cheap sub standard tyres and brake discs/pads....
Sir, with respect, what an arrogant statement! Just because your wallet is flush, doesn't mean you have the right to criticise how others carefully spend what they have. I've been made redundant in the past when running my Celica GT4. It use to get Bridgestones on it when employed, but I soon learned to live with Kumho. I don't use it on the track, and as an old fart now, am no longer a 'boy racer'. New budget tires sold at 'kwik fit' type places are perfectly legal and if you don't intend going round a roundabout at 60mph are perfectly safe.

My current 17 year old c240 just got 2 x new Kuhmo's on her, and she drives/stops just fine. Though if you are so concerned at my 'sub standard' tires, I'll PM you my PayPal address and you can pay for top of the range replacements for me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom