Why buy new diesel cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
lewyboy said:
Aha! I've become eco friendly. I work within 2 metres of my home, my clients come to me and I can walk to the shop and/or pub. I am a visionary!
My wife has to walk downstairs to her workplace.

Wish I could afford to by a "New deisel car"

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm semi retired working only 2 days per week. When I'm out and about on my 3 days off the traffic congestion is nearly as bad as the rush hour. What are all these people doing driving about the country on a whim and a jolly when they should working hard at the office desk.

I think I've just solved the emissions problem.

I worked 40 years for a big multinational so I know how many unnecessary journeys are made by business types.

My wife has to walk downstairs to her workplace.

I used to walk 10 meters to my office from my bed but as of Monday:
1. Walk to garage
2. Drive to Edinburgh (in newish diesel baby killer)
3. Fly to Copenhagen (Irish country killer)
4. Train to City centre (renewable power)
5. Walk 150m to office

Repeat in reverse order on Thursday or Friday.

Almost 40 yrs of driving petrol cars, my brand new GLE is diesel as the petrol version was much more expensive. I don't like the tick over but on the move ok. We have a diesel in our home, my other halfs Jeep but that sound like a proper car, 3-0. If the petrol version of my gle when new was about 5/8k more expensive i would have bought it as i like the smell of petrol and hate the dirty pums at filling stations and then the black concerte by the diesel pumps and inserting my hands into plastic gloves.

Darrell said:
In Greece, a private motorist cannot purchase a diesel.
Sod their ruined economy, I'm moving there!

To be fair if I'd had a bit more in the bank I'd have liked a GS450h, the later one with the decent boot space, but I had 9.5k and I just can't bring myself to do finance on cars. But for one with the miles and spec I wanted was around 12k.

That said, although it's a hybrid, it still has the emissions and mpg of a 3.0V6 so I'm not sure you can really class it as environmentally friendly!

To be fair if I'd had a bit more in the bank I'd have liked a GS450h, the later one with the decent boot space, but I had 9.5k and I just can't bring myself to do finance on cars. But for one with the miles and spec I wanted was around 12k.

That said, although it's a hybrid, it still has the emissions and mpg of a 3.0V6 so I'm not sure you can really class it as environmentally friendly!

Yeah my mates wife had one, the Lux Prius as we called it. Quick car midrange but a bit nondescript. I looked at an LS600H like the ones on suits, stunning car but I couldn't afford the chauffeur! [emoji145]

It's not new but I've got a diesel, mainly because the petrol version of my car does 12 MPG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom