Why delete a brand name?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What a post ^^^. :fail

You know what, I'll leave this this thread to you :thumb:

Just trying to simplify things to understand the point you're getting at really. Not trying to have a major dig at you.

The confusing part of this thread is that if you want a branded pump with a brand you approve of, why didn't you go to the main dealer?

If you just want a quality pump at a reasonable price I think the TI one would have done perfectly.

Just trying to simplify things to understand the point you're getting at really. Not trying to have a major dig at you.

Right, I understand but your analogy was very poor, putting it mildly. Here's one that's somewhat better. A watch sold in Rolex box and is sold as a Rolex but the watch itself is not stamped Rolex and the documentation accompanying it never refers to the watch as a Rolex.

Anyway, forgetting the above I'll make my point again. I don't have any control over where a product is manufactured or by who, but I do have control over purchasing or not. If I buy product 'A' that's considered a quality and expensive brand who stamp their name & logo on it's products (they must have done that for a reason) and now don't and replace the name it with another lesser or unknown name, I don't buy. Simples! I thought that was very clear in my first post.

Last edited:
Are not paying attention again...

''Thus, I purchased a Bosch pump with a Bosch stamp on it and have no cares or concerns where it was manufactured.''

I was under the impression that Bosch is now outsourcing parts of it's manufacturing Chain to 3rd parties, who label/stamp them as Bosch under license.

M

Hi guys!

Even the leading OE manufacturers cannot produce EVERY SINGLE PART themselves - for example Pierburg may supply the Original Pump for a Mercedes C280 (arguments sake) - and they themselves may produce this in their factory - they have the tooling and raw materials setup to produce this pump.

Being an OE, respected company - they will want to expand their range to cover ALL cars - however they might not be setup to produce the pump for the C320 (arguments sake) therefore they outsource the product to a trusted factory linked with them.

I do know that Pierburg and TI have an excellent relationship and the one thing to remember is that even though it might not have their stamp on it (they could quite easily arrange for TI to stamp it with the Pierburg logo and avoid all this) - They obviously trust each manufacturer fully - as they are responsible for the end products quality, matching what Pierburg expect.

Pat

Hi guys!

Even the leading OE manufacturers cannot produce EVERY SINGLE PART themselves - for example Pierburg may supply the Original Pump for a Mercedes C280 (arguments sake) - and they themselves may produce this in their factory - they have the tooling and raw materials setup to produce this pump.

Being an OE, respected company - they will want to expand their range to cover ALL cars - however they might not be setup to produce the pump for the C320 (arguments sake) therefore they outsource the product to a trusted factory linked with them.

I do know that Pierburg and TI have an excellent relationship and the one thing to remember is that even though it might not have their stamp on it (they could quite easily arrange for TI to stamp it with the Pierburg logo and avoid all this) - They obviously trust each manufacturer fully - as they are responsible for the end products quality, matching what Pierburg expect.

Pat

While I am 100% happy that the TI pump will be of comparable quality to a Pierberg branded one- may even be identical, I would venture that technically the manufacturer is in breach of the trades description act vis a vis the package labelling regulations. This could easily sorted by the production of a small adhesive label which could be applied to the box stating the change to the contents. While in this case there is no intention to deceive this is not always the case with more unscrupulous traders. Getting it right protects the consumer and an honest traders/manufacturers reputation ----a win win situation IMHO :thumb:

Last edited:
While I am 100% happy that the TI pump will be of comparable quality to a Pierberg branded one- may even be identical, I would venture that technically the manufacturer is in breach of the trades description act vis a vis the package labelling regulations. This could easily sorted by the production of a small adhesive label which could be applied to the box stating the change to the contents. While in this case there is no intention to deceive this is not always the case with more unscrupulous traders. Getting it right protects the consumer and an honest traders/manufacturers reputation ----a win win situation IMHO :thumb:

Grahame - Its a good point to be fair!

Honest changes by reputable manufacturers such as this are perfectly normal - However to customers not as clued on as forum members and enthusiasts - it might look like ECP is selling 'fake goods' - Now you know how the old rumors 5,6,7 years ago started!

it might look like ECP is selling 'fake goods' - Now you know how the old rumors 5,6,7 years ago started!

Just to be clear Pat and I think you do realise, I accept that EPC are just reselling goods as supplied by the manufacturer.

Just to be clear Pat and I think you do realise, I accept that EPC are just reselling goods as supplied by the manufacturer.

John,

Don't worry! I Never took it that way & honestly appreciate your purchasing decision!

it just makes for a good example for showing how customers (and myself as a customer) could get confused and lead to competitors starting rumours :doh:

I've forwarded this thread onto the product manager for fueling - and hopefully he can pass it to Pierburg directly and show how the current branding setup seems to be negatively affecting theirs (and ultimatley our) sales

Pat :thumb:

John,

Don't worry! I Never took it that way & honestly appreciate your purchasing decision!

it just makes for a good example for showing how customers (and myself as a customer) could get confused and lead to competitors starting rumours :doh:

I've forwarded this thread onto the product manager for fueling - and hopefully he can pass it to Pierburg directly and show how the current branding setup seems to be negatively affecting theirs (and ultimatley our) sales

Pat :thumb:

Hello Pat

What ever happend with this information you were going to forward to Pierburg directly?
Did they change their stamping process and putting Pierburg logo on all their fuel pumps?

Here i my problem:

Looks like my fuel pump is fooked according to my trusted mechanic!?
I had a fuel leak on May1st. when I took my car out for 2014 summer driving.

I have been driving my car for 14 days now and there were no more leaks on the ground.
First I thought there was a gasket on my fuel filter which lost it's sealing function?
Seems like it was not the filter gone bad?

Recently I took my car for an annual oil change, told my techguy to swap the fuel filter as it was 6-7 years old.
Suprisingly my techguy says your fuel pump is fooked and leaks, get a new one he said.

Does ECP still sell TI fuel pumps placed in Pierburg boxes or genuine stamped Pierburg pumps?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello Pat

What ever happend with this information you were going to forward to Pierburg directly?
Did they change their stamping process and putting Pierburg logo on all their fuel pumps?

Here i my problem:

Looks like my fuel pump is fooked according to my trusted mechanic!?
I had a fuel leak on May1st. when I took my car out for 2014 summer driving.

I have been driving my car for 14 days now and there were no more leaks on the ground.
First I thought there was a gasket on my fuel filter which lost it's sealing function?
Seems like it was not the filter gone bad?

Recently I took my car for an annual oil change, told my techguy to swap the fuel filter as it was 6-7 years old.
Suprisingly my techguy says your fuel pump is fooked and leaks, get a new one he said.

Does ECP still sell TI fuel pumps placed in Pierburg boxes or genuine stamped Pierburg pumps?

Thanks

Hi!

All of the concerns were forwarded on, however at the start of May, we had our annual Managers Conference, where we had over 400 branch & senior managers along with over 90 of our leading suppliers - one of these was Pierburg themselves and i happened to bump into the lift with one of the technical managers!

The pumps which we sell are all genuine Pierburg (naturally, and anybody who thinks otherwise is foolish) - however he explained that a while ago, Pierburg too the decision to sell one of their plants, along with machinery, tooling and designs to a certain number of pumps - This was purchased by TI who continue to produce these parts, under licence from Pierburg.

As a result there are some Pierburg products which will no longer be stamped 'Pierburg' (as Pierburg, essentially buy these from TI directly now)

Either way, the Pierburg pumps (TI produced or not) are all Original Matching Quality, and an ideal replacement for a faulty unit..

Hope that helps :)

Pat

I was under the impression that Bosch is now outsourcing parts of it's manufacturing Chain to 3rd parties, who label/stamp them as Bosch under license.

M

I think they must be, I bought Bosch wiper blades because of the name and they were c*ap, in fact there was a thread on here where everyone who bought them agreed. I binned mine and bought Valeo blades, so no one should be fooled by a Bosch stamp on any part.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom