Why did I not know about this one: Anti-squeak spray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jibbajabba

SUPPORTER
Car
E63S
I had some trims that made annoying noises on rough roads. You know the kind that makes a weird noise when pushing. Cheap noise basically. Especially around the roof control panel in my case.

Found this stuff by accident. Don’t know how it works long term but so far anything I attacked, from steering to belt to hinges and trims - all quiet.

And different to WD40 - as it is dry - no marks.

C9719793-2CF6-488B-8D91-C0BE0848C799.jpeg

Is about £8 a can and now has a permanent place in my car (alongside a rag to clean residue even though there rarely is any).

I am not affiliated in any way. Just an excited recommendation

If you was previously trying to solve the squeek with WD40 then it was doomed to fail as WD40 is a release spray and not a lubricant. I have used PTFE and Silicon based lubricants for years

I honestly didn’t know it’s a thing. I ruined plenty of trims in my life with wd40 so just ended up living with random squeaks. Until now. Although it feels like the more you fix, the more you find but still. Even if it doesn’t last forever. It’s great.

Good find.

Will buy a spray.

You can flip it upside down and spray 360 all around

MBs should not squeak, old ones don't

Back in the days you paid for quality vehicles, nowadays you pay for B-grade stuff.
Today sushi-ricers are better made cars than any Benz.

So, just to check my understanding, this could potentially fettle an occasional irritating creak or "ziss" from a bit of decorative trim on the inside of my F31 driver's door ?

MBs should not squeak, old ones don't

Well if I think about my first car, a 1975 VW Polo 1, the doors were a sheet of metal with a sheet of glass in it and it did not have any trims inside. So front and back and sides was bare metal. Today you got TONS of electronics everywhere and all it takes is a connector not secured properly and it hits the trim over bumps. I mean it is no excuse of course. Just saying there are more opportunities for stuff to rattle than back in the day.

But I also remember that Mercedes doors were always solid and closed with a satisfying thug. Yea those days are over.

Well if I think about my first car, a 1975 VW Polo 1, the doors were a sheet of metal with a sheet of glass in it and it did not have any trims inside. So front and back and sides was bare metal. Today you got TONS of electronics everywhere and all it takes is a connector not secured properly and it hits the trim over bumps. I mean it is no excuse of course. Just saying there are more opportunities for stuff to rattle than back in the day.

But I also remember that Mercedes doors were always solid and closed with a satisfying thug. Yea those days are over.
G wagen doors still close like that

We use it at work [pharma plant] as not allowed WD40.

I think its pants 🤣

I put some on my sunroof seals but rattles came back within days

Then i used some gummi pfledge and it has been silent since

We use it at work [pharma plant] as not allowed WD40.

I think its pants 🤣

I put some on my sunroof seals but rattles came back within days

Then i used some gummi pfledge and it has been silent since

I was about to say isn't Gummi Pfledge the go to thing for squeaks.

recently discovered Gummi Pfledge myself, fantastic on door rubbers and seals, feeds the rubbers.

PTFE 'dry lube' been used on conveyor systems in the food industry for years. Why did you not know about it OP ? why would you ? It's just great that various lotions and potions that were only available to industry are now available to all of us .

Every now and then even Lidl offer aerosols with PTFE/Silicone and other such magic concoctions to us , the great unwashed.

The days of WD40 for everything are long gone. It still has its uses , but if you look you will see that the company 'WD40' now offer a range of 'different' WD40's

I will never be without a can of WD40 but They now realise 'the game is up'.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

PTFE 'dry lube' been used on conveyor systems in the food industry for years. Why did you not know about it OP ? why would you ? It's just great that various lotions and potions that were only available to industry are now available to all of us .

Every now and then even Lidl offer aerosols with PTFE/Silicone and other such magic concoctions to us , the great unwashed.

The days of WD40 for everything are long gone. It still has its uses , but if you look you will see that the company 'WD40' now offer a range of 'different' WD40's

I will never be without a can of WD40 but They now realise 'the game is up'.
Then there is Krytox.

Forgot about Gummipflege. Used that for years back in the days when I still lived in Germany.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom