Why do I keep using the wifes car???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it still geared for 90mph at 1500rpm in top? I remember taking one for a test drive when they were launched, and staring in disbelief at the instruments.

A colleague at work has one in black. Looks the biz to be honest. They got the seats trimmed in leather and it really does look the part. VW really have done a good job with Skoda.

stop sniffing the seats...lol, they are leather arnt they...?? at least the engines dont blow up anymore and they are gaining good cred points.. and the ads r funny too. I see less up for sale on the side of the road than i do Subaru's these days. If VW can boost Seats Image with Cupra's etc, they're gonna have no prob with Skoda's... i just feel they've not quite got their identity right yet

Steve_Perry said:
Is that the Fabia that's the equivalent to the Golf GTI?

S.

Sort of except it's smaller and lighter..oh and it's a D.d.d.d.deisel. :D :D

It's actually the Polo floorpan but a bigger car. Both cars are built on the same production line.

DolphiN Tech said:
Is it still geared for 90mph at 1500rpm in top? I remember taking one for a test drive when they were launched, and staring in disbelief at the instruments.
Thats 60mph/1000rpm!!! surely not? Even the VW Toerag V10 diesel is only 38.5mph/1000rpm in top (about the same as a Maybach / RR Phantom) Don't know of anything higher geared than those, but happy to be corrected...

smartbrabus said:
Thats 60mph/1000rpm!!! surely not? Even the VW Toerag V10 diesel is only 38.5mph/1000rpm in top (about the same as a Maybach / RR Phantom) Don't know of anything higher geared than those, but happy to be corrected...

You're right.
The VRs has a close ratios due to the rubber band tyres but still pulls about 37 mph/1000.

Thats 2400rpm @90 mph. And boy does it get there quickly. :D :D

I came accross one when we looking for one and it blitzed me coming off a roundabout. I eventually reeled it in but we were moving pretty quickly by then. ;)

Diesel's always feel very fast due to the narrow power band and low down torque. In gear performance figures are as a result very good, such as coming off a roundabout but straight line figures aren't any better than the petrol version.

I've got nothing against Skodas, but I saw this the other day and it made my chuckle

Attachments

• safeSkoda.JPG
    safeSkoda.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 70
Dieselman said:
You're right.
The VRs has a close ratios due to the rubber band tyres but still pulls about 37 mph/1000.

Thats 2400rpm @90 mph. And boy does it get there quickly. :D :D

I came accross one when we looking for one and it blitzed me coming off a roundabout. I eventually reeled it in but we were moving pretty quickly by then. ;)

I couldn't remember the exact figures, but looking down at the instruments as I dropped it into sixth at 'fast cruise' speed did make my brain hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom