Why do MB Dealers treat you like sh*t ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Been this morning to enquire about the E class coupe so I'm looking at a £40k spend, the salesman could not remove his head from his backside long enough to be even bothered to talk to me. Totally useless asked for the sales manager and got some pratt who knew nothing about the car, couldn't answer my questions and gave me more of an impression of Arthur Daley than someone who was selling prestige cars, this and plus we spend more then £40k with them through the business but that didn't cut any ice at all.

So I am off to BMW tomorrow to have a chat about a 535d and lets see how I get treat there.

It's a shame Glen Henderson in Ayr are no longer a franchised dealer used to get all my MB from there, excellent sales attention and brilliant after sales service.

Any of our Scottish members have experience of a good dealer North of the border? would be happy to make the trip?

Meanwhile a strongly worded complaint letter to MB Uk & Germany Customer services is on the way.

rant over :mad:

Totally useless asked for the sales manager and got some pratt who knew nothing about the car

Tell me about it:crazy:.There was an E36 C124 in Brookland and the last time I went there it was removed.I asked two of the guy`s there if they put it else where,they`re telling me that AMG never did an E class coupe :doh:

Last edited:
Tell me about it:crazy:.There was an E36 C124 in Brookland and the last time I went there it was removed.I asked two of the guy`s there if they put it else where,they`re telling me that AMG never did an E class coupe :doh:

that's unforgivable

it is the sales people you get i think, when i was enquiring about an e55 they took my details and i never heard from them again! The sales person at mb who sold me mine was the same, stuck up and thought he was doing me a favour selling me the car... until i put him right....

Which dealer was it, Ian? Just out of interest...

I'm really sorry to read the OP's experience. :(

I, as I'm sure all of us do, take customer service and general respect very seriously.

Unfortunately, I think this problem is more widespread and not just confined to MB dealers.

Standards are dropping everywhere, where ever you go.

Welcome to today's England! :mad:

:thumb:

Honda are pretty good :D

I'll get me coat

Ade

Possibly because at that time AMG was an aftermarket tuner of MB cars rather than a full production partner where Mercedes would eventually sell fully warranted AMG cars as part of their model line up. This fuller co-operation happened after the E36 W124 afaik which was still a "tuner's special" you bought from AMG not MB? Still I am probably crediting the Brookland's guy with more knowledge than I ought. Mercedes-AMG Official Global Website

Like the clown last week who could not bothered to get off his fat backside and check a stocklist, instead saying "rare car, you won't find one of those" and pretty much dismissed me out of hand.

Funny that another saleschap was able to locate TWO of them in under a minute.

That, my friend, is why you are in your late 50's/early 60's, approacing the end of your career, and still doing the same job that a 20 year old is doing. No motivation. No ambition. No intelligence.

Absolute moron.

Anyone know if you can order a car to UK spec through a German dealer? I can find out the answer next week whilst I am in Germany but wondered if anyone knew or had done it :dk:

I had a right faff with that dealership over a locking wheel nut key once. Bloody useless place.

Possibly because at that time AMG was an aftermarket tuner of MB cars rather than a full production partner where Mercedes would eventually sell fully warranted AMG cars as part of their model line up. This fuller co-operation happened after the E36 W124 afaik which was still a "tuner's special" you bought from AMG not MB? Still I am probably crediting the Brookland's guy with more knowledge than I ought. Mercedes-AMG Official Global Website

Understand what you`re saying but he said AMG never did one,not mercedes
Don`t know how long the car was there for but it has been for at least two years
4748981091_d275c46656_b.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it is lack of AMG knowledge Graeme, more that as Dash said, the car had been there for a long time, and the two staff were utterly oblivious of its existence. Empty suits of the most pointless type.

I don't think it is lack of AMG knowledge Derek, more that as Dash said, the car had been there for a long time, and the two staff were utterly oblivious of its existence. Empty suits of the most pointless type.

Now I remember,you were next to me lol

Anyone know if you can order a car to UK spec through a German dealer? I can find out the answer next week whilst I am in Germany but wondered if anyone knew or had done it :dk:

I almost did that with a BMW dealership in Germany about 10 years ago (they were most helpful, but in the end I got distracted by a deal in the Far East) before BMW made life difficult. I see no reason why not.

At the time European personal imports were all the rage you could do this for a while, till Mercedes got wise and made German and other European dealers slap a premium on all RHD [ = UK bound] cars. The other difference at the time was European cars sometimes had reduced trim/spec compared to UK models and had a 1 year rather than a 3 year warranty. Don't know about the present situation but your best bet is to pay a friendly German dealer a visit when you are there. It would probably involve a lot more paperwork with HM Customs and Excise and insurance so wonder if it would be worth the hassle= just as bad for the blood pressure as recalcitrant UK dealers?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom