Why do we let these people in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And we'll have the pleasure of paying for his imprisonment. Absolute garbage, the whole kit and caboodle.

What an appalling thing for the friends and family to have to deal with.

For a minute there I thought this was going to be another thread about drivers barging into queues at roadworks...

Last edited:
Makes me laugh, a mate of mine is emigrating to the US...you should see the stack of conditions they apply to any one who wants in!
It's cost him thousands on the paperwork, even doing it all himself...

cheers

Makes me laugh, a mate of mine is emigrating to the US...you should see the stack of conditions they apply to any one who wants in!
It's cost him thousands on the paperwork, even doing it all himself...

cheers

We need to be more like this:thumb:

I know, it's all gone down hill since Hadrian's Wall collapsed.

No water shortages here :p

You may well wish to ask why an Albanian national with a history of instability and a conviction for drug dealing gets granted a Swedish Passport? I am increasingly convinced many government authorities in Europe are economic with the truth :rolleyes: if it expedites the export of ticking human time bombs from their soil. It's quite possible our authorities may do the same in the reverse direction. Its time this changed because these dangerous people simply "drop out of sight" in their new country only to eventually surface having committed a henious crime.
e.g BBC NEWS | Scotland | Tayside and Central | Beach head police find body parts

[YOUTUBE]tBO7Q_GMFxQ[/YOUTUBE]

This part is laughable -

Det Ch Insp Tolmie said Limani applied for dual nationality when he was in Sweden.
"Because that was in place he then managed to enter the country, which he did legitimately.
"He didn't disclose the fact that he had previous convictions so he therefore managed to come in and find employment at The Oxfordshire hotel."

What about checks?

You may well wish to ask why an Albanian national with a history of instability and a conviction for drug dealing gets granted a Swedish Passport? I am increasingly convinced many government authorities in Europe are economic with the truth :rolleyes: if it expedites the export of ticking human time bombs from their soil. It's quite possible our authorities may do the same in the reverse direction. Its time this changed because these dangerous people simply "drop out of sight" in their new country only to eventually surface having committed a henious crime.
e.g BBC NEWS | Scotland | Tayside and Central | Beach head police find body parts

Bound to be more of this sort of thing in the future - I recall a BBC report last summer indicating the scale of serious numbers of dangerous fugitives/murderers on the loose. Many living normal lives / could be your neighbour. Absolutely crazy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13648410

It seems to me that no checks were done, or if they were they failed. We should seek to decline entry and only grant it for special reasons. Then pond life like that wouldn't be killing good British people.

Lads, lads - surely you must know by now, this great country of ours benefits from such diverse ethnicity and the broad and exciting range of cultures this brings to this insular and inward-looking nation.

He said that he had no criminal charges against him. Well, he would wouldn't he?

Swedish authorities: Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence?

Albanian criminal: Who, me? Nossir, of course not!!

Swedish authorities: Ah, that's OK then, here you are, your nice new Swedish passport, Enjoy!

Yup.

tac

This is a very sad case, of course.

But I am not sure what is the nature of the complaint here? We clearly can't run a CRB check on each person entering the country. This individual is clearly psychotic, this can happen to anyone anywhere, including a UK citizen. He isn't some sort of Abu Qatada al-Filistini with a big banner over his head saying 'Extremely dangerous - do not let this man in!'. There are Psychotic people in this world, and they can not be spotted by border control. What next - full mental health assessment for each visitor to the UK?

Not every sad occurrence can be blamed on some sort of bureaucratic error.

"We clearly can't run a CRB check on each person entering the country."

I do wonder - why not? I have to be CRB checked annually, my staff do, and so does madam. We are not in a tiny minority. Granted, the bloke in question was out of his gourd, but I don't understand the lack of simple background checks. With all this technology we have it should be a given, surely.

Not being obtuse - if there is a valid reason, am happy to be educated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom