Why does my sat nav state this [emoji848]and is it touch screen[emoji848]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Topman2u

Car
A220 cdi amg
Sorry if I'm missing something but why does my sat nav state this message [emoji848]
And I've heard it's a touch screen but my touch screen doesn't seem to be working [emoji848]
02d6c24f49081158c74204746e1eae18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to ask the obvious question: Do you actually have a sat-nav?

I have no experience with your model, but whenever I've seen that before it has been a prompt to connect something like a phone (with suitable navigation app) to the car; the head unit then displays the mapping information like a remote screen.

Whether it's touchscreen or not, I don't know. However it wouldn't really surprise me if it isn't and you're supposed to use the buttons on your steering wheel (possibly) to navigate the menus.

Hyundai have a very similar looking arrangement (in a hire car I had for work). - Not touch screen and expects an external sat nav to be connected.

You don't have sat nav, and the screen is definitely not touchscreen.

That looks like it is pre-wired for the plug-in Becker only.

For it to have COMAND, it would either have to be specified at build as an option or added afterwards by the guys at Lightwater.

COMAND also comes with the bigger screen. You can purchase the plug in sat nav module from your local dealer. I think it's about £500.

Better to use your phone imho

Another example of read the manual first?:doh:

COMAND also comes with the bigger screen. You can purchase the plug in sat nav module from your local dealer. I think it's about £500.

Better to use your phone imho

Nah think I will use my iPhone [emoji336] if it's going to cost that much [emoji37]

Have a ring around, you might be able to get it cheaper, but I'm sure that's what my neighbour paid for his.

I think it's an added extra if you pay for it but in my eyes I'm really not paying through the nose for something that I can use for free on my iPhone but would've been nice to have in the car [emoji52]

Also I've heard that you need like a cartridge inside the glovebox but it seems mine is missing !!
4f6c24fd3b064eb37fe449ea0ca5cd9a.jpg

Oooooo so I bet the garage took it out before I brought it to make extra cash [emoji848]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom