Why don't MBs have child-locks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

worldude

Car
C220 CDI Avantgarde SE Auto - 05
Does MB have child locks on the back doors - w203?

Anyone have any good ideas? Who can fix it? MB independent garage?

Thanks for helping

I'd be very surprised if it doesn't have them. Even our Vito has got them.

they must have! the w211 does

They do. Look on the door shut.

I am concerned that my kid might open the door while i am driving. Cheers for the advice.

Wonderful things these forums........

W202 does, via a little switch on the dash that has a tiny picture of a child

Mine does. W203 MY2006. It's the old classic mechanical type, i.e. a small lever on the door sill just above the latch, rather than electric (as I have have on my older and cheaper Renault?).

Mine does. W203 MY2006. It's the old classic mechanical type, i.e. a small lever on the door sill just above the latch, rather than electric (as I have have on my older and cheaper Renault?).

MB system is actually better in my experience. Had issues before now with the electric ones and kids of differing ages. Too easy to undo for a moment... Had more than one instance of the little one opening the door on the motorway when she did not know better. Fortunately speed keeps it shut immediately followed by a brief interval on the hard shoulder and a grumpy dad.

The W202 rally car had it on the inner "lip" of the door (i.e. inacessible when the door is closed).

Open the door, flip a switch, and hey presto the door can't be opened from inside... (pain in the @$$ when you're in the middle of nowhere sleeping on the back seat and someone does that as a prank as they leave the car.... )

M.

Surely the Phantom's rear doors can only be operated from the outside... by the chauffeur. :p

OK... so don't let kids sit in the front passenger seat of a 600 Multipla then.. :D

w203 2005 has them. being used at present with a curious monkey in the back...lol

Thanks for helping

Child locks have been fitted as standard since the Fintail series (W110,W111,W112) came out , circa 1960 .

I have owned virtually every generation from before then up to late 1980's and find it hard to believe newer models would delete this important safety feature .

their i a lever switch on the door by the locking mech

look again

Thanks for helping

Suggestion, open a rear door, open at least one eye...now look...do you see a little lever???:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

IMG_0639.jpg

either the black little lever as shown or on the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom