Why dosnt the CLA have cleaner CO2 engines??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deanogtv

Car
A160 W168
Was considering the CLA as a company car but was staggered to find that the BIK tax value is shockingly more expensive than the C Class.

Why is this?? In essence its only an A Class with a boot

C-class has BlueTEC engines, A and CLA do not.

Last edited:
Off topic, but have you decided on your SLK replacement yet? I'm facing the decision now with just 4 weeks left of SLK fun - shame it's raning so much right now!! LOL

Was considering the CLA as a company car but was staggered to find that the BIK tax value is shockingly more expensive than the C Class.

Why is this?? In essence its only an A Class with a boot

Do you mean the 180 CDi? Yea it's pretty weird that they don't offer it with the CLA but do with the A :O

I've a BMW 125D.
Ah! I see. How do you find it?

I'm currently trying to get as good a deal on another SLK (but maybe a petrol this time) as I got last time. Should know this week.

I'm currently trying to get as good a deal on another SLK (but maybe a petrol this time) as I got last time. Should know this week.
Are you going for the current SLK or the new model change one that is out in June?

Not sure - depends what's available in a couple of weeks at the right price. It could be the facelift...

The engine and gearbox are excellent, better than the MB dare I say. It also drives very nicely, despite the run flats. The absence of a folding roof is a shame, but I can live with that.

SLK lease prices are still very keen, so I can see why you'd want another.

Yes, the SLK seems a lot of car for the money! Mine goes back at the beginning of July so it's just a case of getting the timing right as some of the good deals are for delivery now which I can't do. I'm hoping it stays the same in the next few weeks. :)

Did you get stung with the B service just before yours going back? Does feel like money down the drain (especially when mine's only done 8000 miles!) - but I guess it is in the contract!

Did you get stung with the B service just before yours going back? Does feel like money down the drain (especially when mine's only done 8000 miles!) - but I guess it is in the contract!

No, my car had 2 weeks left before the B-service, as the A-service was a bit late. I was also lucky that none of the tyres needed replacing and the curbed alloys were deemed fair wear and tear. Cheep motoring

8k over 2yrs - you're better off signing a speiifc low mileage lease IMHO, you might save ~£50/month

I agree - I didn't know when I took this lease out how low my mileage would be! I have two other cars and somehow the SLK didn't get used as much as I thought it would! :D

Fortunately, no tyres, brakes etc, but still a £360 bill to come next week! But, I have to say, it was still a cheap and enjoyable motoring experience and I will do it at least one more time. :)

By sheer co-incidence, my broker just rang me with the news that there are going to be some very good end of June deals, so it looks like I'm "GO" for another SLK for two years! I'm very happy about that! :)

By sheer co-incidence, my broker just rang me with the news that there are going to be some very good end of June deals, so it looks like I'm "GO" for another SLK for two years! I'm very happy about that! :)

Did he allude as to which models or just MB as a whole?

He only talked about SLK - and I think it could be the last of the existing model (which suits me fine if it is).

Apparently GLA are doing well and there are some cracking deals on those, which would've been an option had I not recently bought my Lexus!

The dealers they use (corporate, not retail) are looking to start the June. July and August season off with a bang, hence the deals... :)

As soon as I get them in writing, I'll share! :)

just checked on DTD .. discounts on new SLK300 are over 20%!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom