Why i cant bring myself to sell the Audi Quattro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donza

Its a 2002 A4 1.9TDi. I bought it from new and its been remapped to 185BHP.

19102008206-1.jpg

I filled it up to the brim with Diesel at Pudsey ASDA in Leeds, and then drove to Newcastle.

That photo was taken once i parked up outside my parents home. As you can see the tank is still going strong and it returned an average of 56.5MPG. And i was doing the journey with a relatively heavy right foot.

The 130 PD Engine is a wonder. A peach of an engine. The build quality of my interior is crap and chipping away, but the engine is the only thing that stops me from selling this car.

Last edited:
There are so boring to drive that the only enjoyment I got from mine is trying to get the MPG on the DIS to get higher and higher.

It passed away the hours of tedium! ;)

Absolutely!! So good VAG have dropped it for a common rail. :D

Really? Hope the replacement is good.

From what year please?

I think the 115PS and 130PS PD engines were gems and to an extent the 150PS, but some say a stock 130 or a remapped 130 a better engine.

I thought both the old 1.9 and new 2.0 were direct injection?

It's possible I've not understood the difference between common rail direct injection and PD direct injection.

Last edited:
Really? Hope the replacement is good.

From what year please?

I think the 115PS and 130PS PD engines were gems and to an extent the 150PS, but some say a stock 130 or a remapped 130 a better engine.

The latest ones are common rail, still some PD engines available, I think more because of the noise of the PD engines rather than performance/consumption, which seems to be spot on.

I think the 2 litre diesel in our 2005 BMW is more noisy than our older VAG 2000 1.9 PD engine (listening from the outside).

Hmm, the 150bhp 2.0 is pretty noisy, they changed a couple of bits with the 163bhp engine that made it quieter and the new 177bhp engine is amazingly quite for a diesel, let alone a 4 pot diesel.

It's the 150!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom