Why is Firefox 7 so bloody awful ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
I initially started using Firefox some time back as it was lightweight, didn't take up too much CPU or memory, and was fairly easy to use.

Last week I upgraded to Firefox 7 and bitterly regret it. :doh::doh::doh:

The program is extremely CPU intensive and is basically near unusable if you have many tabs on the go.

Can anyone recommend a better browser ideally not IE.

Thanks

Chrome

(For the record, Chrome has now overtaken Firefox - number of users)

I use IE all the time with multiple tabs and no issues (Win7, Vista, and XP).

FIREFOX 7 is very buggy at present - Lots of overlaps/conflicts with security products for example. No doubt they will all get sorted out in time--- best not to be an early adopter perhaps.:rolleyes:

Definitely Chrome. You don't realise how fast it is until you try something else. Opera a close second.

I'm using Firefox 7.0.1, about a dozen tabs open. No problems - yet...

I'm a firefox user but have found the latest version has a tendency to hang - but always recovers.

On firefox 7 without any issues. Oh maybe flashblock is getting a bit aggressive blocking youtube without me requesting it ?

If you are looking at bloatware check out adobe reader version X - 160Mb installed!

Just removed it and installed a reader by foxit software or some such..

I have been using Firefox for the last 6-7 years. However, I have to admit the updates over the last couple of months seem to be making it progressively worse and less stable. When I get wound up with it I use Chrome, and think I will problably move over to it full time eventually...old habits die hard.

I'm bucking the trend, I'm using Windows 8 Developer's Preview with Internet Explorer 10. It's so fast (if you have under 10 tabs open), and should be released soon for Windows 7.

I'm bucking the trend, I'm using Windows 8 Developer's Preview with Internet Explorer 10. It's so fast (if you have under 10 tabs open), and should be released soon for Windows 7.

Soon? doubt it, 9 hasnt been out that long.

chrome is first class

+1 for Chrome - far and away the best at present.

Another vote for Chrome here!

don't know why I didn't start using it earlier (always had firefox before)

I have been using Firefox for the last 6-7 years. However, I have to admit the updates over the last couple of months seem to be making it progressively worse and less stable.

+1

...but I have now switched to Chrome (which did an excellent job of importing my settings from Firefox)

FIREFOX 7 is very buggy at present - Lots of overlaps/conflicts with security products for example. No doubt they will all get sorted out in time--- best not to be an early adopter perhaps.:rolleyes:

They said that about version 4, and since then every release has got steadily worse. I have no idea what they are thinking any more. The product is truly carp. No wonder Chrome has overtaken it in popularity.

I regressed back to 3.6 (took some finding, but I got there) and have been happy again ever since. I belive the main reason it's so carp is that the cache file stricture introduced at V4 is so unwieldy (thousands of sub-folders and directories). The machine then has to work very hard to keep track of everything it is doing. Mental!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom