Why is replacing anti-freeze expensive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Just having a B service done on the beast at Indy's. B service is £422 which I don't think is too bad? Anyhooo, they have said that the anti-freeze needs replacing - £122 - why so expensive? What do they need to do? :confused:

Just having a B service done on the beast at Indy's. B service is £422 which I don't think is too bad? Anyhooo, they have said that the anti-freeze needs replacing - £122 - why so expensive? What do they need to do? :confused:

Drain the system, probably flush it and then refill and burp - probably down as an hour's labour or something like that. Is this this labour plus the antifreeze cost ?

I've paid for my B service W203 + fuel filter + air filter and some other stuff £505.
At MB of Exeter so are you sure that your indie is cheap?
Try price-match. My stealer would do price match!!
Call and check :)

Cheers
Chris

I've paid for my B service W203 + fuel filter + air filter and some other stuff £505.
At MB of Exeter so are you sure that your indie is cheap?
Try price-match. My stealer would do price match!!
Call and check :)

Cheers
Chris

MB SW have also sent me my discount card as the car is over 5 years old.

To drain the rad you let the water out, you could run some clean water through the system, then refill, I could not make that last ½ hour even if I TRIED

Hi,
My C43 AMG was only £430 approx. total for a "B" service from Pentagons Southampton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom