Why is the E63 cheaper to insure than the C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

f17ant

Car
W205 C63 Saloon
Hi everyone

During these weird times I am thinking about leasing a C63S instead of buying a W212 E63 (to try and hold s much money as possible) but the insurance quotes I'm going for the C63 are like £700 - £900 more for the C63.

Both aren't coming up cheap but I wonder why this is when the E63 is a higher insurance group (maybe more sensible people have them)

anyways I was wondering how everyone else insures there AMG (on drive vs on road, them as registered keeper or wife as registered keeper)

kind regards

Antony

Partly it will be due to relative values (a new C63S is worth considerably more than even one of the last W212 E63's), and partly it will be down to claims history. Remember that W212 E63's are pretty few and far between and tend to be owned by a "more mature" (ref: @Happytalk73) demographic. By comparison, W205 C63's are quite ubiquitous.

As others said - I am assuming that this is in part because the E63 is associated with Panama hat on the rear parcel shelf, while the C63 is associated with a front-to-back baseball cap... (no offense to owners of either)

C63 appeals to (on average) younger drivers, and (on average) younger drivers have more accidents. C63 more likely to be stolen.

That's it, really.

As others said - I am assuming that this is in part because the E63 is associated with Panama hat on the rear parcel shelf, while the C63 is associated with a front-to-back baseball cap... (no offense to owners of either)
Sums it up perfectly. Never had a moment of bother with the E63 from boy racers or double takes but with C63, another world of reprobates wants interaction.

Partly it will be due to relative values (a new C63S is worth considerably more than even one of the last W212 E63's), and partly it will be down to claims history. Remember that W212 E63's are pretty few and far between and tend to be owned by a "more mature" (ref: @Happytalk73) demographic. By comparison, W205 C63's are quite ubiquitous.
I have had 1 car stolen from me that's only 1 year and 3 months old maybe that's what's hindering my quotes

C63 appeals to (on average) younger drivers, and (on average) younger drivers have more accidents. C63 more likely to be stolen.

That's it, really.
I thought they would be more of a theifs target too and with my old car stolen 1 year and 2 months ago. I think insurance isn't happy

I have had 1 car stolen from me that's only 1 year and 3 months old maybe that's what's hindering my quotes
I would say that the theft claim definitely would be affecting the price of premiums quoted, and that the price for any car with a high theft risk would be disproportionately inflated.

Got to agree with Phil above. The theft marker on your insurance history is working against you.

Well, your insurance claims history isn't helping, but in general I'd suspect that the E class will always be cheaper to insure than the equivalent C class. It's all about general claims history for the model.

I would say that the theft claim definitely would be affecting the price of premiums quoted, and that the price for any car with a high theft risk would be disproportionately inflated.

I think so too, I still have maximum no claims discount and my MRS has 7 years no claims. Not that it makes much difference I wait till December when I turn 33 hopefully it will help (even if its a tiny bit). Insuring the AMG off my drive seems to help a bit which I don't mind parking the car off drive.

I've just insured my E63 AMG estate with 8 years NCD, no claims, no cons, 48 Y.O for under £500 with Admiral.
The car does have a tracker and Ghost immobiliser fitted.
All mods have also been disclosed.

There are probably 3 x the number of C63 compared with E63 on the road. Therefore risk of theft and RTC is higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom