why oh why...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
was driving and saw the most basic of c classes re badged as a C55 AMG..

why does any one do this. It makes you look soooo tacky..

here is what i saw!

c551.jpg

i agree whole heartedly - mine had an amg badge on it when i bought it and after picking it up i pulled into the nearest garage, hid in a quiet corner and carefully took it off, i was too embarassed to drive home with it on!

its great to promote your car and allow you a little feel good factor, but going ott is plain stupid.

well done.. im sure you and your car get more respect for that!

Another C180 rebadged as a C55 :crazy:.

Ithink people do whatever they like on their cars mate.M y car says AMG all over the place but at least is mineeeeeeeee.You must know what i mean Boss

Ithink people do whatever they like on their cars mate.M y car says AMG all over the place but at least is mineeeeeeeee.You must know what i mean Boss

totally agree, one can do what ever they like.. in your case, if its the w124 in your pic, atleast it looks the part lol..

something that looks the part, understandable..

it's plain daft isn't it - I saw a previous shape S class in the most standard spec and wheels badged up as an S65 - who do they think they are kidding? Themsleves presumably.

Perhaps they aspire to a C55 but like me can only afford poverty spec' so is building one from spares and only has the badges so far.

Or can afford a n AMG but find it stupid tu pay the same amount of money for the insurance.Some of us are still young here

Taking into account the general looks of the car, it may be that the driver was expressing irony...

Each to their own, the only person they're fooling is themselves. Better to aspire than to BS :crazy:

IMHO, be proud of what you drive and have and worked for, (Unless it’s stolen of course :mad::devil: ).

I tell this to myself every now and then, and appreciate it may seem a bit daft to some, but sometimes we all need a reality check when life seems tough or things not quite going to plan or seem unfair. :dk:

It goes along the lines of ...

I have my health, I drive, and I own this Mercedes. There are an awful lot of people out there who would be grateful just to be able to say I’m healthy, as without that first part, having the funds to have second or third parts of that statement becomes really tough if not impossible. ;):)

If i bought an AMG i'd de-badge it... i'm the opposite

I have seen the opposite a C43 with 280 on the lid.

I`ve seen an e55 with 220 cdion it.

Yeah, my CLK 200K I had (before my Saab) also wore a lone AMG badge when I got it! Soon as possible I carefully removed it and left the car totally de-badged, which I think looked good, so also de-badged my E! :) Personally, I don't like advertising which engine I have!

I have never understood not wanting to advertise the engine you have? Seems a bit funny logic to me. I am proud to have the engine i do, and the fact that i can afford to run/own it etc. Plus when at the lights, most chavs see the label and back off?!?

On a side note to add to the OP, i saw a W221 S Class parked in a car park the other day, wearing S320 CDI, then a Brabus Badge and undeneath that, one of those slanted 16V badges from Halfords that the 'barrys' put on their fiestas. I mean....Come on!!!! lol

My current car had been debadged then rebadged as an AMG, I did admittedly keep it on for say 2 months then decided to go smooth.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom