Why public schoolboys run Britain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's sad about being educated properly?

Nick Froome

So who on here are public school educated and are any of you runing the country?

What's sad about being educated properly?

Nick Froome
Is that what I said? :wallbash:

Try and watch the programme or at least a snippet to see what I mean.

So who on here are public school educated and are any of you runing the country?

I went to state school and came out with CSEs in sweeping chimneys and rag n' bone.

the future doesn't look too pretty unless you're from a financially priviledged background.

Very sad indeed.....:eek:

I did not click at the link but just read ^ and see how it sounds

public or private, makes no difference. You need to be educated and fecking learn from your education and your parents/tutors..

Yeah, bring back Derek Hatton, Ken Livingstone, Derek Robinson, Arthur Scargill, Tommy Sheridan, T Dan Smith, Peter Taaffe...

You forgot John Prescott

The programme didn't really say why - it just said they do.

I don't know - maybe it's a good thing that we've got "professional" politicians? Though I can't begin to imagine the frustration of the guy from Stoke-On-Trent who was denied the opportunity to even go before the selection committee to become the local Labour MP because they parachuted somebody in.

I know someone who has been a professional politician since he was elected Chairman of my university's Conservative Association. He has only ever done politics and is now Chairman of the 1922 committee. The sort of person who wants to be an MP at the age of 18 should be the one person prevented from standing.

Is that "running" or "ruining"? Perhaps both apply...

Hmm, I sense another class war in the offing so I'm going to sit this one out. Where's that popcorn emoticon when you need it?

Is that "running" or "ruining"? Perhaps both apply...

Hmm, I sense another class war in the offing so I'm going to sit this one out. Where's that popcorn emoticon when you need it?

I prefer pick n mix myself...:thumb:

All I will say on this subject is be wary of reverse snobbery.

I don't know - maybe it's a good thing that we've got "professional" politicians?

It's not.

They have no idea of the real value of things.

And that's important. Whether you're buying aircraft carriers & scrapping Nimrods, arguing about pensions, setting taxes, or making procurement strategy.

It's not.

They have no idea of the real value of things.

And that's important. Whether you're buying aircraft carriers & scrapping Nimrods, arguing about pensions, setting taxes, or making procurement strategy.

Agreed. Career politicians are now not in it for the belief and the desire to make change and things better, but to become a part of a "notting hill tufty club".

Me too, packed off to boarding school on the other side of the world aged 7 and a life of incarceration until I became an adult.

I don't run the country either... [DR Evil voice enabled]...but one day I'll rule the world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom