Why should I buy c270 cdi elegance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scort

Car
Mondeo
I am thinking about buying a c270cdi elegance can you talk me into it or out of it?

Been offered one 02 plate 84000 miles full service history £4000.00
Are they very reliable? What should I look for? ... I hear loads of stories about mercs and electrics .... Anything to worry about?

I would try to get a galvanised 2003 car, or better still a (much improved) face-lifted 2004 - possibly lowering the engine spec (e.g. 200CDI or the super-cheap 180K) to compensate for the higher cost.

Is the major issue with this model rust then? The car looks very clean, drives nice and am very tempted....

Valeo radiator, MAFF, rust particularly around wheel arches and door bottoms. The C270 has plenty of grunt but gives decent MPG - I regularly see 45+ from my 2001 W203 estate. Personally, I think Elegance has enough toys but Avantgarde has too many potentially expensive to repair electric toys - steering wheel adjust, seat stuff etc.

We've had ours 2 1/2 years now and are really happy with it.

I would try to get a galvanised 2003 car, or better still a (much improved) face-lifted 2004

I did all that, mine is December 2005, still had to get Mercedes to fix the rust.

Russ

Electricaly mine's fine, unfortunately I didn't know the aircon wasn't working when I bought it as it was cold outside so didn't need it. Would definitely check that on the one you're looking at.

Other than that and a couple of wear and tear items that you have to expect with a 10ish year old car it's great. Resonable MPG with satisfactory grunt :thumb:

Thank you all so much for your comments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom