why should i buy c63 amg instead of m3 e9x?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dashurik

Car
c63
Hi guys and girls!
New member here,be gentle and take it slowly! )))
I currently drive 350z slightly modified ,but thinking to upgrade!
Torn between two cars :c63 amg sedan and m3 e92..
Max budget £25k..
Think its always a debate between this two cars! People say M3 is better all rounder ,it holding road better!! C63 amg sounds better,more torque and bhp and will eat M3 on the straight line ,but won't be as good on turns as M3 because its very much tail happy!!!
What is your experience? Why you think c63 is better than m3 or may be vice versa?!
I haven't driven any of these two cars ,so can't tell my view yet.
I will tune both of cars for sure(exhaust,remap,carbon styling and if buy c63:quaife lsd) ,as I'm not very keen on standard looking cars
.What is very important to me is comfort inside the cabin and top quality audio(I spent £3k on 350z to bring it to good level)...
Thank you in advance..

Having owned an AMG and a few bmw's (driven a few m edition cars, never owned one) I find the bmw's to be much better sports cars, they tend to have more 'feel' in the steering, brakes and body control and I imagine they're great on the track.

Have said that the AMG's have much more excitement in terms of engine noise, and acceleration. The AMG's tend to be more raws and untamed compare to the bmw's. Ride quality is much better/comfortable in the Mercs too.

Basically just comes down to personal preference on which you prefer.

You kinda know your choice since you posted in a Mercedes forum asking opinion of C63 over M3.

Havent driven an M3 before, but currently own a C63 saloon.
Only been 3 months plus of ownership.

I am an audio geek and always upgrade the car sound system with high end stuff.
Havent bothered with the C63 as i hardly switched on the audio system except for navigation.
In built V8 provides the sound system.

Practical on daily basis yet when you need the beast to come out and play, he's there in an instance,

a MB is for all occasions and looks the part where ever it go's, the Bmw's dont imo but i am biased lol

I've owned m5's m3's and currently own a c63 saloon. I can say 100% I had more fun driving the bm's I've had in the past. Although I haven't owned the new m3 so I can't pass judgment on that but I hate auto/paddle gearbox's but guess that's just modern tech nowadays and most cars are going that way. Also my c63 is a pp model so the ride is a bit harsh. I don't use mine daily so that doesn't bother me that much. My wife's got a e90 320 bmw and to be truthful, forgetting the speed side it's a lovely smooth ride a I actually love driving it.

The merc is FAST! But then so is an m3
I think a m3 looks slightly better
I don't like that the merc has chrome on it and after a couple of years of owning mine I'm getting itchy feet and fancy a change.

Lastly. Noise! There's no competition. Especially if you hit the secondary cats.
Although there in the same legue. To me a m3 and c63 are worlds apart. If I got an m3 I would miss the rawness of the merc I think.

Having been in the same dilemma as you, my advice would be to drive both cars within days of each other. I did, and my mind was made up when I drove the 63. I tested an M3, the sales man was very excited when my foot went to the floor, I was not.... there was just no event as you would expect from a v8. The AMG delivers its own pantomime everytime you feel the need to burn Shell V-power..:rock:

I bought a PPP 2012 Coupe 63 back in Jan, I never looked back. A couple of months ago I removed the secondary cats then drove down to see ACID at MSL for a Eurocharged map & speed restriction removal. It is a fabulous car standard, but its a different animal and whole different experience after a map. I just think there is something special about the AMG over the M3, as most people on this forum will agree with, you will realize this fact yourself when you get yourself behind the wheel.

But then again, ive never really seen the attraction of BMW's....:dk:

The only downfall is the fuel, but its not as bad as you expect from a 6.2V8, i can average 25mpg on a long trip with cruise. I work offshore so i dont do many miles to give realistic advice, but i imagine if you travel to work in a traffic jam 5 days a week, that could be a problem:doh: Oh...and the dreaded rattle from the centre console, this drove me up the wall:wallbash: I took it to my local MB and it was sorted under warranty, plus the pano roof was squeaking, but that just needed a grease.

Hope this helps you in your quest!

Just buy the Merc :thumb:

Thanks guys for replies! Few more question arise !
Does every c63 amg has factory LSD fitted and Harmon Kardon logic 7 audio system as standard?
Common rattle from centre console :is it easy to fix and how much does it cost?..Hate ratting things in the cars!!
Any common faults in 63?..I know m3 has throttle actuators as common problem..
Any link I can run thought and see the differences in each year model?

Last edited:
Does every c63 amg has factory LSD fitted and Harmon Kardon audio system as standard?
Common rattle from centre console :is it easy to fix and how much does it cost?..Hate ratting things in the cars!!

Factory lsd is pretty rare, there is a code on the vin plate and/or original purchase paperwork to look for, 471 i believe. Most guys swear by the Quaife one anyway so don't sweat it if the merc one isn't fitted. Most have harmon kardon systems too.

Does every c63 amg has factory LSD fitted and Harmon Kardon logic 7 audio system as standard?

LSD is a huge headache with the c63. You'd be surprised the people out there that assume because there car is a PPP model it's got LSD. I searched for ages to find one with factory LSD.
The Performance package for 08 to early '10 models do include the LSD (except for a few released in '08). The giveaway for a C63 which has been specced with the P30 kit is its alcantara steering wheel (and ultra hard suspension) and the lack of red brake calipers/cf spoiler.

Last edited:
LSD is a huge headache with the c63. You'd be surprised the people out there that assume because there car is a PPP model it's got LSD. I searched for ages to find one with factory LSD.
The Performance package for 08 to early '10 models do include the LSD (except for a few released in '08). The giveaway for a C63 which has been specced with the P30 kit is its alcantara steering wheel (and ultra hard suspension) and the lack of red brake calipers/cf spoiler.

and to confuse matters more, some pre-facelift PPP's are referred to as P30 in the original bill of sale (well, mine is) despite having all the PPP parts.

and to confuse matters more, some pre-facelift PPP's are referred to as P30 in the original bill of sale (well, mine is) despite having all the PPP parts.

I wasn't aware you could get a pre facelift PPP. I thought the PPP only came out on the facelift with the forged internals???

Only way to know I take both for a test drive.

The V8 M3 sure is nice. Doubt its engine is as good as the 6.2 in the Merc though, its down a tonne on torque.

Tbh when you feel the C63, the M3 will feel a bit feeble.

To be honest I've not test driven any car I've brought in the past 5 years. Including the c63. I was sitting in traffic on the m11 and one was beside me for a while and after hearing it I knew I wanted one. I found mine online for sale, wheat to view it, gave him a deposit and two weeks later I collected, and that was the first time I drove

Having been in the same dilema I drove M3, RS4 etc... Having come from a C55 well technically I still have it in the garage I went to a local dealer who had a couple of C63's. I had my heart set on a white coupe with PPP but in the end walked away with a Palladium Silver Saloon. Compared to the other two the C63 has more "soul" and drama. The M3 handles better and the RS4 is beautifully built but both seem quite stale and boring in comparison. To be honest with the C63 there is a sense of achievement arriving alive at your destination evertime you drive it, you don't get that same sort of feeling with the M3 or RS4. :devil:

My reason for choosing the saloon was the seats are much nicer/supportive in the Saloon and Estate it was not something you would consider unless you have both cars next to each other. I'm rather slim so size isn't an issue with the seats but if you are on the larger side the coupe seats would probably be better as the bolsters are smaller because the seats fold forwards. My saloon also had IPE manifolds fitted and it sounded rediculous when they started it up in the showroom compared to the standard car. Plus there is something quite attractive about a fast Saloon and in the flesh Palladium silver is a lovely colour and certainly easy to live with.

In my opinion the PPP is not worth the extra premium over standard cars you are better off spending the money with the likes of MSL with remaps, LSDs or manifolds etc....

Having been in the same dilema I drove M3, RS4 etc... Having come from a C55 well technically I still have it in the garage I went to a local dealer who had a couple of C63's. I had my heart set on a white coupe with PPP but in the end walked away with a Palladium Silver Saloon. Compared to the other two the C63 has more "soul" and drama. The M3 handles better and the RS4 is beautifully built but both seem quite stale and boring in comparison. To be honest with the C63 there is a sense of achievement arriving alive at your destination evertime you drive it, you don't get that same sort of feeling with the M3 or RS4. :devil:

My reason for choosing the saloon was the seats are much nicer/supportive in the Saloon and Estate it was not something you would consider unless you have both cars next to each other. I'm rather slim so size isn't an issue with the seats but if you are on the larger side the coupe seats would probably be better as the bolsters are smaller because the seats fold forwards. My saloon also had IPE manifolds fitted and it sounded rediculous when they started it up in the showroom compared to the standard car. Plus there is something quite attractive about a fast Saloon and in the flesh Palladium silver is a lovely colour and certainly easy to live with.

In my opinion the PPP is not worth the extra premium over standard cars you are better off spending the money with the likes of MSL with remaps, LSDs or manifolds etc....

Like your review!! If I buy c63 it will be standard and the rest will be done by professionals:lsd,cat delete,remap..ASt the moment Im gathering info.Still have no definite answer if every c63 has HK logic 7 sound system? Also if any can advice where do you buy tour carbon goodies for exterior styling in uk?I see lots of stuff on eBay.com ,but its from states or Taiwan,so not sure if its a good quality..

Hk was option. C63 everyday as a road car.

Having owned an e92 M3 as a daily driver and now a C63

For me it's no contest. C63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom