Why So Obnoxious?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Popped over to see my mum and parked up on her road. In recent years it's become one of those roads where everyone fights for a parking space.

Clearly the the driver of this C250 and his family weren't very happy that I dared to park near 'their' space by throwing their rubbish onto my other half's CLS!!

WMKRlro.png

Not the worse thing in they world they could do but is there really a need for it. Just such sh*tty obnoxious attitude!!

It's not really a huge surprise though is it.

There are plenty of scrotes like this wasting our oxygen.

Did you capture it on a camera in the car or were you sat there?

No I came out to find it on the windscreen and checked out the footage when I got home. If I'd been sat in the car, I'd have probably force fed the litter to the driver!! haha

Take footage to the police and if your car requires a full detail to clean off the swirl marks made by debris, they can pay for it...

whatever you do, don’t post a fish through their letterbox when they go on holiday :)

No I came out to find it on the windscreen and checked out the footage when I got home. If I'd been sat in the car, I'd have probably force fed the litter to the driver!! haha

What an absolute knob... ****ing *****

It's the ones that put cones outside their house that get me. Own the road, do you?.

Do people have the right to claim the park outside their house in some places formally with local Govt, and if not should they be able to?

Might save a lot of hassle if they could...??

Makes things difficult for visitors I'd guess, but maybe a common user park in the middle of the road by some traffic islands may work?

Do people have the right to claim the park outside their house in some places formally with local Govt, and if not should they be able to?

Makes things difficult for visitors I'd guess, but maybe a common user park in the middle of the road by some traffic islands may work?

Yes in some areas, if the congestion is so bad that locals genuinely cannot park near their homes. The downside is that the local council charges for permits to do so, of course.

In the sort of built-up area where this is necessary, the housing was often built before cars became commonplace, and the roads are generally not wide enough for any sort of parking down the centre. Indeed, in many parts of London and the suburbs, they are not wide enough to allow cars to pass each other in the middle of the street if there are cars parked at the kerb on both sides.

There's a very thin veneer of civilization many people, only kept in check by the fear of consequence.

My veneer of civilisation is not all that thin, I think, but it's only fear of the consequences that stops me throwing the cones into their front gardens and parking there anyway.

Ahh, that's good if they do not know you "know".

Revenge is a dish best served cold if you that way inclined.

They will then probably turn up on a forum stating how something bad happened to their car and how some people are low-lifes! :D

As above, take the photos to the Police, also mention they have been seen throwing litter in the past etc. get a call logged.

Only if registered disabled - then the council will mark a space - although I believe any registered disabled driver with a blue badge could use it , but not anyone else .

Other than in resident permits areas , but even those only confer a right to park in the street and not to a specific space - and it costs .

As above, take the photos to the Police, also mention they have been seen throwing litter in the past etc. get a call logged.
I wouldn't do anything illegal , but I would report the matter to the police or the local council litter enforcement officer , who might be inclined to send the registered keeper of the vehicle a nice little fine in the post ...

Only if registered disabled - then the council will mark a space - although I believe any registered disabled driver with a blue badge could use it , but not anyone else .
In Westminster (London) the reserved parking spaces in front of disabled people's homes have the permitted car registration displayed, so only the person who requested the disabled parking space can park there.

In Westminster (London) the reserved parking spaces in front of disabled people's homes have the permitted car registration displayed, so only the person who requested the disabled parking space can park there.
That possibly varies around the country? I haven’t noticed registration marks on any around here , just ‘disabled parking only’ or something to that effect , so not sure whether another disabled driver could park there ?

I can see there is a fair bit of scope for parking stress!

What would be the problems if, on those terraced residential streets, everybody had a park outside or close to their house, and common user parks were placed either in the middle of the street or to one side with traffic island protection also doubling up as narrow points to slow people down and stop HV's from using residential streets, rather than speed bumps, I think I saw this in Continental Europe once...?

I can see there is a fair bit of scope for parking stress!

What would be the problems if, on those terraced residential streets, everybody had a park outside or close to their house, and common user parks were placed either in the middle of the street or to one side with traffic island protection also doubling up as narrow points to slow people down and stop HV's from using residential streets, rather than speed bumps, I think I saw this in Continental Europe once...?
One problem I could see is that our big red fire appliances might not be able to get down the street when someone most needs them to .

Oh and then there are dustbin lorries , furniture deliveries and more .

That possibly varies around the country? I haven’t noticed registration marks on any around here , just ‘disabled parking only’ or something to that effect , so not sure whether another disabled driver could park there ?
We do have disabled parking spaces where anyone with a blue badge can park, mostly in the high street or near hospitals, cinemas, etc, but those that are in front of a particular disabled person's home are for one car only and as said the registration number is displayed on the sign.

I Googled it, and I got it slightly wrong as it is the badge number that is displayed on the sign (not the VRM):

image.jpg

This is from pistonheads:

Problem getting disabled space painted by council - Page 1 - Speed, Plod & the Law - PistonHeads

"Errr, as a matter of fact, personalised disabled bays do exist. They are particularly common in London but many other places outside of London do seem to have a similar scheme. The disabled person has to apply for one as it's not an automatic right."

Reactions: 219
One problem I could see is that our big red fire appliances might not be able to get down the street when someone most needs them to .

Oh and then there are dustbin lorries , furniture deliveries and more .

I see what you mean, but couldn't you'd make them wide enough for EV's and Furniture vans e.t.c., but unattractive for short cutting lorrys..? We have width restrictions here and they are better than speed humps. The main idea being common user parking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom