Why there is so many 190 Cosworth`s for sale?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

allias

Car
00' W210 Est 320CDI
I was looking thru ebay or pistonheads for 190 with diesel engine and I understand those are bulletproof and can run forever so there might be a big demand on them so when they are listed, then its not for long.... but.... why is it so different with 190E Cosworth`s? There are much, much more of them for sale, what make it less special about having one of them and actually make me really want one that WONT be a COSWORTH?

Are they prone to fail? Expencive to run or fix? What is the reason for that?

Now with the better weather these classic cars are coming out of the garage with owners looking to simply move them on for more money than if they sold them during winter.

A few would be boy racers who bought them, realised that they cost a lot of money to repair properly (they can be more prone to rust than a standard 190 - that bodykit can hide a load of bother) and decide to try to get out of trouble by moving them on? Just a thought.

They are starting to reach that age where they need proper money spending on them. As people realise this they decide to move them on.

But that would apply to all of them - not just Cosworth`s. At the same time if there is many of them on market I would expect them be much cheaper - I think.

How many 16v are there for sale today? 11 on Pistonheads. Maybe 1/2 wont appeal to some buyers due to mileage and condition/originality which leaves a hand full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom