Why W202 is special.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Originally posted by GDC200
There is no other car in this class that touches the solidity of this C Class. It has a built in feeling of indestructability that goes much further than its standard airbags, side impact bars and seat belt pretensioners ever would to reassuring you that your family will be safer within its walls than in almost anything else on the road.
I have tested this and it works :)

That was an extremely sad day, the only saving grace was Nick came out of it without a scratch, albeit with a bad headache.

I still remember the phrase...
"this is going to cost me"
and I still wince.

I still think it's a big testament to the design engineers that worked on the W202 and to go back on topic I agree that the W202 is special :D

Along with the W123, W124, W201, W210 etc etc :p You get the idea hehe :D

S.

Last edited:
Personally agree that the W202 did feel a special car (probably why I had 2 of them). I remember looking around various cars before ordering my C240 (BMW 328, BMW 523, Audi A4 / A6) but the W202 just felt special - something that to be honest I find that most newer Mercs don't seem to feel, which is the main reason I ended up in a BMW.

If I could have bought a new C43, I'd still be in a Merc!

I do adore my W202 (as most of you guys probably know
blush.gif
silly.gif
pipe down in the back) but I was really suprised to read this in Parker's Guide about the W202 'C'.....

Safety - ABS; airbags (passenger airbag from Oct '95; side bags from June '97); Body could be stronger - amazingly it only managed two stars in Euro NCAP crash tests. See crash test results.

shocked.gif
Only 2 stars on Euro NCAP ?!? What happened there then? I wonder what let it down the most?

S.

I've never placed much store by the NCAP ratings for Mercedes. They seem to bear no relationship to the reality when a Mercedes IS involved in a crash - ie they usually win and the driver walks away nursing a hurt bank balance.

As did the W211!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom