Why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When the facelift R170 was current, you'd often see debadged SLK 200s/230s that still had their "KOMPRESSOR" tags in place, presumably because that was regarded as some kind of badge of honour amongst the kind of people that used to treat it a model name. Little did they know that leaving the badge there rather gave the 4-cylinder game away. :rolleyes:

A little different, I saw a Geely (Chinese pile of carp) with an AMG badge yesterday! Maybe the owner thought he'd bought a Chinese MB.... :D

As a side point, in some of the car accessory shops here, "AMG" badges cost about 50 rubles (£1).... Hmmm, I could flog a few on Ebay.. :D:D:D

I don't get why people do this. AMG isn't as well known as BMW's M brand, the vast majority will never have heard of it and won't be impressed, and those who do know it won't be fooled anyway.

Maybe Mercedes need a watered down sporting name for their non-AMG cars like M-Sport and S line. AMG-Style maybe

I don't get why people do this. AMG isn't as well known as BMW's M brand, the vast majority will never have heard of it and won't be impressed, and those who do know it won't be fooled anyway.

Maybe Mercedes need a watered down sporting name for their non-AMG cars like M-Sport and S line. AMG-Style maybe

Funnily enough, I think the newer models have some sort of AMG-type name iirc.

I'm sure I've seen a few advertised, although I could be wrong.

images

This what can happen ! This chap has just found out its not an AMG although the badge says it is. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom