Whyyy do they do this? Possible rip off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
none
Heard this story before? Guy's dad buys car from independent mechanic(Indie's own w210 2001 e220 cdi, with a transmission from an e270 cdi, a different turbo and a "mileage kit" to improve fuel economy and reduce emissions), pays about a third of the money beforehand without even seeing the car(because he trusts him that much; a dear mistake, I know), indie says he'll have the car up and running and in the best condition he could give it in, in about a week,(and told us to get everything fixed by him such that the car only comes there for routine service, because it's gonna be out of our budget if anything were to go wrong once we've taken ownership) indie fixes problems very slowly. We were happy that he was making sure the thing had the best things he could set it up with like a W140 rubber bushing, but this was taking far too long as well- a lot longer than he had said it would. The guy's first one week claim was made in October and still no car to drive. I mean seriously! Yes, the guy had some legit reasons in December or January or sometime, but before and after that, the delays were far too unreasonable. Recently after a highway test drive(and by that I mean two or three weeks ago), the ABS, BAS and ESP sensors went off and the car wasn't even in limp mode, it just stopped(limp mode happened on a test drive about two weeks prior to this one, and they had to bypass the ABS to get the thing running again. There was even one that said the engine oil level sensor had a problem). It got so bad that they had to stop the car every 30 minutes or so because the car was dragging(the person driving could feel the car braking for safety, he wasn't going that fast though).And this is now-the time they said they are still working on it, and a time when I feel incredibly cheated and doubts arising that maybe he was trying to rip us off, or rather successfully rip us off. Because the ABS BAS ESP problem scares me a lot. When my dad kept pressing saying that he had to book a tuk tuk everytime we had to go out, even having essentially bought the car, he apparently replied saying "I'll bypass the ABS for now, you could get the car back and get it fixed later". Are you kidding me?This has me worried. What if after we take the car, he delays the ABS even longer, or charges for it(since he himself said he'd give the car in the best condition he could- and this is a safety issue).

I know it's a really long rant, but unfortunately, here's the only place I think someone might empathise, or even share their two cents or their similar experiences.

Well. Do you want a short answer? It's greed. I usually let it go. I tell myself that I have been fooled with, and I have to accept it as the fact. Move on, and try to sue the ..ucker in the meantime.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Only 5 have viewed this. Is it cos' you've typed a massive chunky Yorkie block of letters that is right hard going?

Only 5 have viewed this. Is it cos' you've typed a massive chunky Yorkie block of letters that is right hard going?
The OP posted exactly the same thing twice; the other thread has had rather more views.

Got any kind of written receipt? If so you could pop down your local CAB to check customer rights.
The OP is in Hyderabad...

I was wondering how someone could buy a house for 2/3rds the price of an E Class........

PARAGRAPHS...for goodness sake!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom