wich MB is best for for rust..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aziz

Car
190E Cosworth 2.3 16v and c230k sport w202
hi ...
now im in my projecct on my car trying to get rid of the rust .... but my uncle want buy mercedes wich is not geting rusty and he was asking me if i choose for him ...
So if your guys can help me too...
thanxside 1.jpg

If he buys a new one he shouldn't have too much of a problem as they are all galvanised... I think MB started doing this to some models from 2004 (ish).

Older models will vary and rust in different places. (They will all rust eventually though.) You just need to find a good one!

Good luck! :thumb:

What sort of car would he like...?

I reckon the 210 is the one that rusts the best :D:p:D

Yep. The estate possibly better than the saloon:thumb:

Depends on how new/old.

R129 SLs seem pretty good, and as has been said - the new stuff ('04 onwards) is supposed to be galvanised, so should be fine.

If you're going to buy a fairly smart/expensive MB that's known to have rust problems, I'd make sure it's covered by Mobilo and keep my fingers crossed :eek:

Will

may thanx ..... for all of you ....

some 190e cars rust and others are completely rust free.

129 SLs seem to be mainly rust free

most 202s, 124s and especially 210s suffer from some rust depends how they have been looked after.

followed closely by a W208
Interesting 'cos I've never seen a rusty W208, but LOADS of rusty W210s of the same age! In fact only yesterday I saw possibly the rustiest W210 ever! It was a silver saloon, W reg, and all door edges, rear arches and front wings from arch right along to headlights (above the bumper) totally rusted through! As a comparison, the T reg Mondeo behind, didn't appear to have any rust at all! :crazy:

But there are post 2004 cars with rust problems already so I'm not convinced that this holds much weight.

But there are post 2004 cars with rust problems already so I'm not convinced that this holds much weight.

Are there? Which models would these be and where is the rust?

Until recently we had a 2000 CLK cab....no rust.

No signs of rust on my facelift 2004 C270

Been looking at W209 CLK convertibles recently early 2004 onwards; no rust on any....also looked at some SL's no rust evident.

Ive found that the galvanised cars dont rust, the paint just lifts!!

Certain cars have inherrent issues that are not sorted until the new model. e.g. W215 back arches... you still get corrosion after 2004 but its just grey instead of brown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom