Wide Body SL600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

F1BHP

Car
SL600
My mod list:

Wide body kit
20" Carlsson ultra light wheels
Brembo BBK 405mm front 380mm rear
Voltphreaks lithium batteries around 15lb for both.
Quaife LSD
K-Mac camber bushings
Lowering links
Speedriven intercooler and upgraded pump
Speedriven H/E
Speedriven scorpion intake - K/N filters
Hurricane intake scoops
3" downpipes
3" full stainless exhaust with X pipe
Eurocharged TCU
Eurocharged custom tune
Dads intercooler tank
Alpine 007 car play head unit
Piano black interior
Spare wheel and tool removal.
Down around 250lb from stock.

I am on the fence about doing a Billet turbo wheel upgrade and Recaro seats.

Look forward to seeing some pics! :)

Hoping to get some update pics by the weekend.

Wide body kit

I am on the fence about doing a Billet turbo wheel upgrade...

Together with the upgraded internals it should be in opposite order and not even a question.

Which wide body kit are you going for?
And are we talking about the R129 or R230?

It is R230, V12TT.

Btw, not sure how the 'thumbs down' icon got in my previous message. Was typing from the phone so pls ignore it, wasn't intentional.

Might be worth thinking about a Water / Meth system to keep the Intake temps down. (There are a few guys running them on here).
Although not sure if the V12 TT suffers much from IAT issues so may be talking out my back side LOL

2010 SL600 r230

The wide body kit is by suhorovsky. It takes a lot of the styling from the SLS black.

Yes the V12 TT does suffer from the heat soak issues. I am hoping the upgraded inter coolers, pump, heat exchanger, coolant tank, hurricane scoops and scorpion intake system will sort this. I may move the intake with the filters in front of the raidiator.

I run meth on my E46 M3 which workers well however i will try it without first and see if my upgrades will handle it.

As far as the Billet Turbo upgrade. All my mods so far are just bolt on however the Turbo upgrade means the engine needs to be removed which is why I am on the fence.

As far as the internals go, they can handle up to around 850BHP without being upgraded as can the transmission. The SL600 from around 2007 I think shares the same trans as the sl65.

Sorry I will get pictures soon.

Thx. For your input everybody.

Last edited:
Has the Speedriven's turbo package been finalised yet? I've lost track of this since selling my V12TT CL.

The engine removal would be the least of my concerns. Asking for 850BHP from a standard engine requires a lot more ground work than just swapping the billets.

No the Speedriven big Turbo upgrade is not done yet. They have however got to 850bhp on the same upgrades as mine on stock engine internals but upgraded trans. It also required the SL65 injectors and a custom intake not the scorpion. This was on race fuel.

I am not looking for those numbers as I don't want to run race fuel or upgrade the trans so my number with the billet Turbo wheels would be around 750 and 700 without.

Does anybody know a good shop to get my turbos removed?

Seeing as you have the Eurocharged software, why not go with them? They are in Watford.

MSL in Birmingham can definitely do it for you as well.

Or your local dealer.

I have started talking with Acid at MSL. He sounds like a good guy with passion for what he is doing. I will get the dyno tune done by them if they do the turbo removal for me.

Small update

Starting to put it back together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 396
F1BHP said:
Starting to put it back together.
look at the bumper gaps !;)
Surely that will be a cx issue at vmax!:D

I appreciate that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but imho that looks awful.

Wide bodies can have fantastic lines if done correctly but that looks like a real mish mash.

Are you keeping the Red Bits ? :eek:

I appreciate that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but imho that looks awful.

Wide bodies can have fantastic lines if done correctly but that looks like a real mish mash.

I'd wait for the finished article. This one has the same body kit and doesn't look too bad:

sl_01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom