Wide Body SL600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The good news is the turbos are finished, the bad news is they will not arrive to MSL until tomorrow morning. I am booked for the 19th at Infinity exhausts, so the window is very tight.

Just picked these up. Spare SL65 turbos and manifolds and SL65 Black series suspention. I love the ABC but as we know it has its issues so I may do the black series conversion later on.

Last edited:
F1BHP said:
Just picked these up. Spare SL65 turbos and manifolds and SL65 Black series suspention. I love the ABC but as we know it has its issues so I may do the black series conversion later on.
the suspension looks mint!:thumb:

Interesting F1,

will the 65 Black suspension fit straight on?

Is it cheaper to buy and fit rather than supply and fit 4 new ABC units?

Mark.

No I will need some sway bars and some other mods on the existing setup, which is why I will wait until my ABC fails before I do the change.

I got them used so it didn't cost me much, I think new it is about 8k. These had been used for testing by AMG with about 3k kilometers on them and been in a workshop in Germany ever since.

Bad news, the car has been delayed at MSL so it will not be able to make the trip for the exhaust work or the custom intake. I am now waiting for the intercoolers to be bled and for ACID to return to do the tune with Jerry.

I am still pushing to make VMAX but it will not be at full power. I should get some dyno results on Wednesday or Thursday next week.

I guess VMAX will be the shakedown, that will be interesting.

F1BHP said:
Bad news, the car has been delayed at MSL so it will not be able to make the trip for the exhaust work or the custom intake. I am now waiting for the intercoolers to be bled and for ACID to return to do the tune with Jerry. I am still pushing to make VMAX but it will not be at full power. I should get some dyno results on Wednesday or Thursday next week. I guess VMAX will be the shakedown, that will be interesting.

That's a shame. Fingers crossed you get it back for vmax! See you there hopefully.

I have booked my train to MSL for Thursday to collect the car. Not sure it will be ready, but I will be. Valeting the car on Friday.

Tune is scheduled for tomorrow.:D

Sorry one more day. I will be watching the tune tomorrow so I will get some video. My train is booked for 9am but the tune should start around 1pm. Fingers crossed

Not good. Lots of trouble trying to read the ECU so the tune couldn't be done. I am heading over to Eurocharged in Watford this morning for them to have a try.

Still planning to get there. I will see how it goes today. I have a Ferrari 458 as a backup plan but that's a bit boring.

F1BHP said:
Still planning to get there. I will see how it goes today. I have a Ferrari 458 as a backup plan but that's a bit boring.

Good luck with the tune. Let us know what your doing as the Toddlington stop is especially for you.

Ace I will not make it to the meet I am trying to get to VMAX later.

Bad day for me but nice to meet some of the guys from the forum. I spent most of the day at Eurocharged in Watford and I must commend the guys, they spent a lot of yesterday and today trying to get my car ready for VMAX, unfortunately we ran out of time.

I arrived with around an hour to go and quickly found out my speed limiter had not been removed.( thought something broke when I hit the limiter the first time:eek::eek:) So I did a few runs, down on power as the tune had been put on with no time for testing or mapping and driving half the runway on the speed limiter :wallbash:

Thank you to Acid at MSL, Marcin at Speedriven US, Jerry at Eurocharged US and the biggest thanx. To Paul at Eurocharged UK.

Now I have to wait another 10 weeks until I am back in the UK to try all over again. I will have some things going on while I am away so I will keep everybody updated.

Time to pack now ready for the 5am alarm to get to the airport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom