Wide Body SL600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
F1BHP said:
More bad news the noise has not gone and it looks like the turbos are coming out again.

Please promise not to help with my Crank Sensor issues and I will promise not to interfere with your turbo issue. Good luck Sir. You deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I'll second that but you must be getting ****** off by now surely though,anyone else to try the turbos with for a second opinion?

We have found the problem. It turned out to be the bolts on the turbo housing that had stretched so the actual housing was vibrating and had some movement. New bolts installed both sides to be on the safe side and we are back in business.

Hopefully it will be back to the tuning stage Wednesday or Thursday. Wheels should arrive tomorrow. So fingers crossed I should make VMAX on Saturday and Silverstone on the 28th.

F1BHP said:
We have found the problem. It turned out to be the bolts on the turbo housing that had stretched so the actual housing was vibrating and had some movement. New bolts installed both sides to be on the safe side and we are back in business. Hopefully it will be back to the tuning stage Wednesday or Thursday. Wheels should arrive tomorrow. So fingers crossed I should make VMAX on Saturday and Silverstone on the 28th.

Great news see you and the car Sat

Looks like the weather is going to be good over the weekend, I can't wait.

All seems good at the moment but tomorrow is the moment of truth. We did a wheel alignment today and the tune will be done tomorrow along with sorting a couple of issues with the lowering module.

My wheels are stuck in customs so it looks like I will be running the Carlssons for the next two events.

Still expecting 800bhp?

No idea, I will be happy with 750

Don't get disheartened with the dyno reading there. If it reads 750 it is closer to 800 on the dyno at smarts.

On the road and getting that power down is what matters. So good luck and show them at these events what your car can do!!:thumb:

I can't wait to see the video either, it sound like one heck of a machine!

Hoping all is well finally. I saw this car back in May at Ollies GTG and thought it had lots of potential. Its been a long time since you drove the car:D

Another huge disappointment. It cut off on the way up, it would start up again after it sat for a while and then as soon as the temps got up it would cut off again.

I had to ditch the car and jumped in the support car. Fortunately it was a Ferrari 458. I still enjoyed the day however I couldn't get the SL out my head so the day was not complete for me.

This also means it will not make it to Silverstone on Monday so double disappointment.

We did get some tuning done before this problem however I am sure we have some issues to work out. It put down just over 700bhp when I really thought we would get to 750. I have not given up yet and still intend to see this project through So onwards and upwards.

it will be worth the wait. I was supposed to be running in VMAX last year. I'm still waiting.

F1BHP said:
Another huge disappointment. It cut off on the way up, it would start up again after it sat for a while and then as soon as the temps got up it would cut off again. I had to ditch the car and jumped in the support car. Fortunately it was a Ferrari 458. I still enjoyed the day however I couldn't get the SL out my head so the day was not complete for me. This also means it will not make it to Silverstone on Monday so double disappointment. We did get some tuning done before this problem however I am sure we have some issues to work out. It put down just over 700bhp when I really thought we would get to 750. I have not given up yet and still intend to see this project through So onwards and upwards.

Thats crap. You should have popped over and said hello yesterday.

The EC dyno is way down on other so 700 is quite high.

I will be honest, I felt a bit funny without my car there so I didn't really socialize much. I did have a good look at that one : 1 that thing was amazing. I thought they would have posted the best time but they were playing with the tune a lot as they had only just switched to the E85.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom