Widebody Mercedes-AMG GT S by Prior Design

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark0006

Car
190e

From the article:
Wide, fast and low with a sick set of Vossen Forged Wheels. One of our favorite cars has gotten even more amazing courtesy of two companies we like to see collaborating. The German machine features a set of polished VPS-307 multi-spoke alloys.

Photos and article - Widebody Mercedes-AMG GT S by Prior Desig

Built for speed and comfort. Great looking shape. Pity I can't afford one will have to stay with my ML 350. At least it's all comfort.

I'm left quite cold by the AMG GT in the looks department. I have absolutely no doubt it is an awesome car to drive, but it should look like more of an event for £100K plus, a little bit bonkers even.

The SLS was a little bit bonkers and an event, that's missing from this car.

I park next one in my Gym occasionally and it doesn't look like it was the twice the money of our SL which I park next to it.

Sorry but the stuck on body addenda has too much of a 'crashed through Halfrauds' look for me :fail

Prior Design did quite a good job with the wide body conversion on the previous C63 Coupe, so why such a ham fisted attempt on the GT? :dk:

The Vossen wheels are nice tho'....

8551881892_2f5d5c1fa0_o.jpg

Big fail for me, the car is stunning enough already by the amount of thumbs up and people filming it at traffic lights every time I go out in it.

Prior Design did quite a good job with the wide body conversion on the previous C63 Coupe, so why such a ham fisted attempt on the GT? :dk:

Isn't it because the C63 one is mostly a copy of the official Black Series kit?

Isn't it because the C63 one is mostly a copy of the official Black Series kit?

You're right and that kit looks well integrated into the existing bodywork, so why didn't they do something similar for the GT :dk:

IMHO the current design is just too 'piecemeal' - for instance.

1) The front wheel arch extensions would have been better in one piece, to flow from the side skirt up and over completely to meet the front bumper.

2) Similarly with the rear arch extensions, finish the rise from the side skirt lower down the panel (striking a line from the bottom of the door) and have a single moulding running up and over the arch.

3) Create a new mould for the rear bumper to integrate the last piece of the extension.

4) The treatment of the bonnet louvres could have been better executed as well - change the horizontal slats for two slim longitudinal ones with mesh to match the side vents.

It's just my take on it and PD must have had their reasons but if I owned a GT and was contemplating body mods, I'd rather pay £XX more to achieve something that improved on the underlying design.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder tho', so each to their own :)

Mark :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom