Wider 19 inch tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C63
D5BCD108-89AB-4F1A-89AF-22F337982212.jpeg Having picked up the C63 507 it’s got 19 inch alloys with Continentals at 5/6 MM which probably won’t take long to get down to 4mm at which point I’ll be changing them. I’m not a fan of Continentals so will probably be going for Goodyear Assymetric 3 or the newer 5 , partly for lower noise and decent side wall rim protection, or possibly Michelins.

A few folk have been running the wider tyres Front 245/35 rather than 235/35 And rear 265/30 than 255/30. I’d like to know how they got on generally with that setup and do you get greater rim protection? The black Edition 507 alloys are particularly difficult to refurbish due to the lip being created by milling rather than diamond cutting.

Thanks in anticipation

Andy

I can't see an extra 10mm in width and 7mm in height is going to make much difference. Have a look at one of 5he many online calculators, I use rimsntires.com

I can't see an extra 10mm in width and 7mm in height is going to make much difference. Have a look at one of 5he many online calculators, I use rimsntires.com

Have checked the online calculators and they all say 245 front 265 rear are OK. Just interested in what folk who have run these have found

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom